The Dream Loses its Appeal

"Hermione," Ron puffed as he stumbled over the hill. "Remind me again why you took us from a wood to another wood?"

"My parents took me here when I was young Ronald," Hermione retorted. "I thought it would be a good place to hide while we figured out what to do next."

"The only good thing is that bloody tent". Ron gestured to Hermione's bag, which held the tent they had stayed in at the Quidditch World Cup. "At least when I'm in there I'm dreaming about not being here."

Estella rolled her eyes. The pair had been going nonstop over the last couple of days.

"Shut up," Harry snapped, panting from beside her.

Estella looked at him in alarm. Harry's eyes were hard and stern, his face rimmed by dark bruises. Her eyes flickered down to the locket resting on his chest.

"Potter," she held out the hand. "The locket's hurting you."

Hermione and Harry exchanged a glance of alarm and Estella sighed.

"If I had wanted to take it, I would have tried already." She stopped, gazing at them firmly. "Hermione, you have to lead the way, Ron's hurt, and Harry's had it already. You don't have to tell me anything, but let me take it."

Hermione scanned her eyes before giving a small nod. Harry's eyes narrowed, but he lifted the locket over his head before handing it to her hesitantly.

Estella shivered as his fingers brushed hers briefly. Turning, she lifted the locket and set it around her neck. Instantly, a weight seemed to fall on her heart. However, Estella felt a strange rush of adrenaline run through her veins and she bit her lip nervously.

"Are you okay?" Harry looked concerned as he stood beside her.

"Yeah," Estella avoided his eyes. "Just see why it weighed on you so much." She shook her head, taking a few steps forward. "You better?"

"Yeah, thanks," Harry kept a careful eye on her as she continued forward.

"We should take shifts," Hermione advised as she stepped through a pile of leaves. "That way no one of us has it for too long."

Ron sighed. "So we have no food, little water, an evil locket, and we're lost in the woods."

Harry rolled his eyes. "That about sums it up Ron."

"Oh and we're joined by Bellatrix's daughter," Ron shot Estella a glare.

Estella flinched, but continued forward wordlessly. A drop of ice fell on her forehead and she looked up at the first snowfall.