Gred and Forge

Estella hurried down the streets of Diagon Alley, her hood raised. The people were silent, glancing behind their shoulders nervously. The shops were either destroyed or empty. Estella had never seen Diagon Alley so lifeless. Pausing at the end of the street, she gazed down towards the familiar Weasley shoppe. The figure was still intact, although it no longer lifted the hat from its head.

Estella took a few extra peeks behind her shoulder to make sure no one was following her. Satisfied of her obscurity, Estella stepped up into the doorway.

There was a loud clank, followed by a small, strange-looking bird that floated down. It was an obnoxious orange colour and glared at her from behind beady eyes.

"Password?"

Estella jumped at the sudden noise, silently cursing the Weasley twins. "Err.." she stammered, trying to think of all the ridiculous options. "Can I get a hint?"

Instantly, the door swung open to reveal a grim-looking George Weasley. His wand was drawn and pointed firmly at Estella. "What do you want?"

Estella was startled to see the lack of humor in his eyes. It was frightening. "I.." she paused, trying to collect her nerves. "I'm looking for Draco Malfoy and Tracy Davis."

She saw George's shoulders stiffen slightly. The ginger shook his head, muttering to himself absently. Estella could only make out the words "I knew they were trouble". She felt a thrill of hope.

Suddenly, George began to close the door and she stuck out her hand desperately. "Please. I'm a friend."

George paused, his gaze softening slightly at the crack in her voice. "What can you tell me about them?" He crossed his arms.

"Tracy's a bit fierce and outspoken, but she has a heart of gold," Estella paused. "And she always raises her eyebrow when she's annoyed. She loves mashed potatoes and pranking, but she would never admit anything but that she's a cold-hearted Slytherin."

"Pen.. Estella?"

Estella felt a rush of relief at seeing Draco's figure in the doorway. "You're okay!" She rushed past George and embraced her cousin tightly.

"Well," George coughed. "You seem to know each other." He kept his gaze on Estella as he turned to shut the door.

"I'll say."

Estella felt her stomach drop. She turned to see Tracy standing on the stairwell, her eyes glaring in suspicion. Her face was a bit pale and thin, but otherwise her friend looked perfectly healthy. Estella smiled broadly.

"Who are you?" Tracy slid a finger along her wand in warning. "And step back from my boyfriend."

Estella let out a snort of amusement, just happy that her friend was alive. Pulling down her cloak, she revealed her dark curls and Tracy instantly stiffened.

"Stupefy!"

Estella dodged George's curse, then lay panting on the floor. "I'M NOT BELLATRIX!" she cried, raising her hands in surrender.

"What's going on here?" Fred entered the room, his wand raised. "Who are you?"

"I'm trying to answer that question," Estella retorted, rubbing her elbow. "My name is Estella Lestrange. I'm her daughter."

There was a moment of silence as Tracy lowered her wand slightly.

"And that's not all," Draco narrowed his eyes and Estella saw the challenge glinting on the surface. "Tell them the truth."

Estella bit her lip nervously and she closed her eyes, letting the familiar enchantments take their hold. She heard Fred and George swear as she opened her gaze, to see Tracy's look of shock. "I'm also Penny Blackwood."