Light and Dark

Estella turned around with her wand out to face a smug Lucius Malfoy.

"Come on Potter, don't be a fool," the man sneered, holding out a gloved hand.

"No!" Harry tossed a hand back, his eyes flashing. "Where is Sirius?"

A cackle of laughter rang through the room and Estella froze as a curly haired figure strode from the shadows. Black hair cascaded down her waist, framing dark, angry eyes.

"The little halfblood wants to know where his blood traitor of a godfather is," her mother sneered, drawing her shoulders back. "How precious."

"Voldemort's father was a Muggle, so I don't see what the problem is," Harry retorted hotly, fingers tightening.

Bellatrix shrank back before stepping forward furiously. "How DARE you? You dare speak his name? I ought to.."

"Now Bella," Lucius cut in smoothly, raising a hand. "All in good time." He raised an eyebrow at Harry. "The Dark Lord wants that prophecy and only those about whom it's written can touch it so he decided to lure you here."

Estella bit her cheek as Harry whispered under his breath. "Crash the shelves on my signal."

"Look at Potter, taking charge," Bellatrix simpered with amusement. "Leading his little followers into battle."

"NOW!" Harry roared and Estella flung her wand at the shelves, sending them crashing down. She ran beside Harry as the orbs fell around them and the Death Eaters pursued, more melting from the shadows.

"Expulso!" She cried blasting a hooded figure out of the way as they sprinted into the circular room.

"Where's Ron?" Hermione looked around wildly as three figures appeared from another doorway. Estella almost sent a curse when she saw a flash of ginger hair.

"The brains got to him," Neville set down Ron grimly, who was muttering odd phrases under his breath.

Estella narrowed her eyes as she held her wand high, scanning the shadows. "He needs help."

"We all do," Ginny responded, shoving a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Come out and play.." Bellatrix smirked as she appeared from a doorway. Other figures appeared and surrounded the group as Estella turned and once again took off running. As curses flew over her head she retaliated, her one thought to get away from her mother.

"Penny!" Harry called, gesturing to where Hermione had fallen.

Estella cursed herself for being so careless and examined her limp friend. "What happened?"

"Dolhov," Harry explained darkly. "He sent this purple curse that hit her in the chest."

Estella examined the bushy hair girl as her eyes narrowed. "That's a nasty one, she needs the hospital wing. I could try healing her if I had more time."

A curse soared over their heads and Estella ducked as it hit the wall behind them.

Harry frantically ducked behind a shelf and grabbed Estella's hand as he sprinted into the room with the veil. Estella pulled against his grasp as she eyed the archway worriedly.

"Harry I don't-..."

She was cut off as Death Eaters apparated into the room, each holding one of their friends. Neville struggled roughly against Bellatrix and Estella winced, feeling a stab of guilt. Her mother was the cause of much of his pain.

"Hand over the prophecy," her mother hissed, rage flashing in her eyes. "Or he dies."

"DON'T DO IT HARRY!" Neville's exclamation was cut off as Bellatrix yanked his head back, holding her wand to his throat.