Epilogue

"Happy Birthday to you~ Happy Birthday to you~  Happy Birthday dear Will, Happy Birthday to you~." 

Will covers his face in one hand in embarrassment as everyone finishes singing, Mike bringing over the cake towards the table as, El, Lucas, Max, Dustin, Jonathan and Joyce cheer.

Mike kisses the blushing brunette on the cheek before back away, allowing Will to blow out the candles.

"T-this makes me feel like a child.."  Will admits flustered as everyone roars with laughter, Winter disapproving with the sound dashes out of the room into their bedroom for less noise.

"Just blow out the candles babe, oh and make a wish too."  Mike says with a warm smile as Will smiles back, before looking at the moon shaped cake and blowing out the candles.

Everyone cheers again before Will stands up, wanting to help with preparing the food and stuff, Mike pushing back into his seat, smirking.

"Your birthday, no work." Mike says bluntly with a chuckle before helping Joyce pass the cake to everyone.

The celebrations of Will's 19th birthday were fun.  The cake was delicious, the Twister game making everyone have to learn how to be a contortionist, and overall just spending time with loved ones was Wills highlights.

It was now nearing to evening.  Once gifts were received and the party was simmering down, everyone was just chatting amongst themselves  Will and Mike sitting on the couch.  The ravenette wraps an arm around Will making the brunette lean closer to the older Male.

"Would you like to go out to the beach for a small stroll?" Mike whispers in Wills ear, the brunette's ear flinching from the sensitivity making them both chuckle.

"Uh yeah, but what about everyone else?"  Will asks as Mike smiles and grabs Wills hand.

"Its fine.  They will be fine, just, come on, they wont mind."  Mike says with certainty as they walkover to the front door.

"We will be back in a bit, just going for a small stroll."  Mike announces,  and everyone smiles and waves saying good bye.

Will found it odd that they didnt ask where they were going, but shrugs it off.

They grab their shoes and head out the door, and out of the apartment, the fresh smell of the lake in the air.

Mike grabs Wills hand and squeezes it softly, Will squeezing back with a small smile.

"Was there something you wanted to talk about?"  Will asks as they walk down to the beach, the sun just setting as the seagulls land in the water to catch some fish.

"Yeah.  There is."  Mike says with a smile as they continue walking down the beach.

Mike takes in a deep breath before exhaling and walking infront of Will, making the brunette stop in his tracks as the ravenette stares back at him.

Mike is now holding both of Wills hands with his.

"Will, you are amazing.  You are kind, confident, artistic, creative and brave..."  he says making Will wag his tail a little and blush at the compliments.

"You have inspired me to be so much better and to have so much empathy and love.  You have shown the world what you can do and you rocked it back there at my house and Hawkins."  He adds as he let's go of one of Wills hand, pulling out a black velvet, small box, and getting down on one knee. 

Will instantly let's go of Mike's hand, holding both of his to his mouth, his tail wagging faster as he feels himself wanting to cry.

"I want to be able to still enjoy my time being with you, to still gave that roll model, loved one and friend by my side because I love you so much.  Will Byers....Will you marry me?"  Mike finishes with the last question, tears streaming down Wills face as he tries to wipe them away, nodding frantically.