Chapter 41

Will asked the cashier to put it in a bag that didnt have the logo on it, for the sake of a surprise, the man nodding as he grabs a brown paper bag and places the cuffs in it, then handing it to the brunette.

"Thank you.  Merry Christmas!"  Will says with a little tail wag before he heads out and dashes out shuddering a little as if that would shake off the smell of perfume.

He pulls out his phone surprised he missed Mike's text:

Mike: I'm waiting at the table we rested at earlier, take your time cutie ;)

Will blushes at the text before he walks off to the meet Mike.

When he arrives seeing the ravenette waiting patiently, then looking up at Will, the vampire gets up and hugs the werewolf, Will taking in Mike's scent and a strong smell of perfume..

He concludes it from his fur since the smell still lingered on him.

"Ready to go home?"  Mike asks as he holds Wills face with one hand on the younger boy's cheek, rubbing his thumb softly.

Will leans into the touch and nods as Mike grabs his bag, both walking back hand in hand.

Before they reached the entrance, the girl who helped Mike at the art store rushed to them, coughing slightly as she stops infront of them.

"I'm sorry. I just- are you Will and Mike.?"  She asks as she tries to control her breathing, as she holds her hands on her knees.

They nod hesitantly as her eyes light up.  "I have deep gratitude for what you've done.  The Institute, my brother-"  she chokes out as tears start to swell in her eyes, Will patting her shoulder.

"You saved him, I could never ever be more grateful, thank you!"  She says as she looks more relieved than when she first waited for their answer.

"You're most welcome, I'm glad we helped someone important to you."  Will says with a soft smile giving the girl a hug, the girl wagging her tail happily as she hugs back thankfully.

"Have a merry, merry, merry, merry Christmas."  She says before she runs off, her wheezing still heard as her sneakers squeak across the floor.

Mike chuckles as they watch her head east, and they start heading out the door.

"I'm happy we got everyone out of there.."  Will says as they reach the car, the sun no longer in sight as they get in.

Mike turns the ignition on and looks at Will, leaning a little and giving the brunette a knowing look, Will leaning in and kissing Mike, slow, passionate and meaningful as they close their eyes and allow their tongues to intertwine.

When they finish, Will takes in a gulp of breath as Mike smiles softly.  "It was worth it, everyone deserves freedom."  He says as he backs the car out of the parking lot and drives them back home.

× × ×

Christmas was tomorrow and Will and Mike were outside, hanging the lights up around the house. 

Will is on his tippy toes as he places the lights over a nail, almost losing his balance on the ladder.

"Even with the ladder you're still small"

"Shut up, I'd like to see you work your ass off like this."  Will huffs but instantly regrets as he looks down seeing Mike's smirk.

"Oh I work my ass off alright,  I make sure that body of yours squirms and that mouth of yours-"

"Alright!  Alright!  Sshhhh the whole neighborhood doesnt need to know what we do in bed."  The werewolf hisses as Mike laughs holding the latter as Will gets down.