Chapter 34

What did I just get myself into?

Why... Today was the winter dance, a couple days ago I was suddenly put on the spot. For some apparent reason people wanted to know who I was going with. And to be completely honest with you I hadn't even thought about it.

I know Kanan and Mari wanted me to take one of the girls, but at the same time I felt like they were also hinting for me to take them. Or maybe they were trying to make it so I wouldn't ask them...

Anyways right when I'm about to pick someone random from the group, I think Hanamaru was what I was gonna say, Kanan goes and shows a video of me saying I was going to take you.

See how that's lowercased? That's what I intended it for it to be. Instead, Kanan and the rest of the class interpreted as You, with a capital. Also known as You Watanabe...

Am I upset? Not really, she's a chill person and it won't be awkward at all. Now that I think about it, even if I took someone else we'd probably not be awkward also.

I kind of felt bad for the others honestly, we're just gonna kind of leave them behind. What if we all just hung out?

My mom attempted to make me where a suit. I ended up just walking out of the house with a polo shirt and dress pants. I think we can all guess I won.

Before I knocked on the door I mentally was panicking. Was I supposed to bring flowers? Would we have to dance?! WOULD WE HOLD HANDS?!?!?

They answered on the first knock. Each girl was dressed signifying they were all going to the dance. 

"Neh, neh, neh," Riko teased, "Where's your bouquet of flowers?"

"Gosh, didn't even bring your girlfriend anything?" Hanamaru shook her head.

"I'm broke." Is what I responded with.

Ruby threw some cash at me, "If you hurry you can make it back in time."

"What if I get sweaty?" I asked.

"You should've been more prepared..." Dia sighed.

"It's not like You will care." I protested.

"You won't care about what?" she asked coming down the stairs.

"Nothing... Mari just wants to do something." I lied.

"I HAVEN'T SAID A SINGLE THING YET!" Mari yelled.

We started to go out the door. Waiting for the others to come too.

"We'll let you guys go first." Kanan laughed.

"Don't stay out too late!" Mari winked.

"My little demons are growing up so fast..." Yoshiko sniffed.

I shook my head, these guys are such a pain. They're making this a bigger deal than it is. 

Third person's POV in their house...

"We're totally gonna follow them right?" Riko asked.

"Did you even need to ask?" Mari laughed.

"I'm only going to make sure Shizuko doesn't do anything weird..." Dia said.

"Is there gonna be food there zura?"

"Come on guys let's go..." Chika said.

Back to the MC's POV

Oh God this is gonna get awkward. I'm telling you... 

"So um," I started, "How's your day."

"You're making this more awkward you know?" she shook her head.