Chapter 40

I spoke out of my rear yesterday. What was I thinking... going Christmas shopping?

What was the point of going Christmas shopping with the people you were giving the gifts to?

Well maybe they weren't gifts for each other...

"Ruby wants to go buy gifts for everyone!" Ruby smiled.

Scratch that last thought. We all decided to walk since it was a nice day. Snow on the ground, but the sun was out. It was the 18th one week before Christmas. 

"So you guys are just okay with buying gifts for everyone right in the open?" I hung my head.

"Why do you care? It's not like for you anyways." Riko winked.

"Does that mean they are, or they aren't..." I wondered out loud.

We entered the mall. I didn't bring much money, twenty-five dollars to be exact, so I just wanted to buy them something simple. As we walked through the first floor I spotted something in the window. It was a set of necklaces with charms that could be connected to a bracelet. 

And the charms that were on there blew my mind. A mikan, a sailboat, piano, walrus, star, books, lollipop, burger, and an angel. What are the odds... 

The store clerk saw me looking at it. "Are you buying for someone special?" she smiled.

"Kind of, are these charms all a part of the set?" I asked.

"Yep, they are all split in half and can be connected when put together." she explained, "Each charm can be put on a necklace, but you can also attach multiple charms to a bracelet."

"So you could theoretically put all nine charms on a bracelet, then have nine individual necklaces?" an idea popped into my head.

"That's correct," she nodded her head, "Would you like to purchase these?" 

"Okay, how much?" I said hoping it wouldn't be too much. Twenty-five dollars later... I had bought everything. Yes I know it's very cliché but honestly what else was I supposed to get them?

Now there's an off chance that they don't like it, but according to all of the anime I've watched, the chances of them not liking it are about 20%. If I remember correctly, that means I have an 80% chance of them actually liking it.

I think...

Anyways I started looking around for the other nine. Making sure to stuff the charms and stuff in my coat pocket. I found Dia sitting outside of a store on the bench.

"Yo." I said sitting down next to her.

"Where'd you go?" she eyed, "Doesn't look like you bought anything." 

"I just wanted to check something out." I lied. "Where are the rest of the girls?" 

She nodded to the store in front of us. A bra store...

"Don't even think about going in there..." she warned. "Unless you want to be a pervert."

"That thought never crossed my mind." I said nodding my head. "Why aren't you in there?" 

"I don't need any right now." 

"No, it's cause her chest is still the same as always." Mari smirked coming out of the store.

"Shut the hell up Mari, you don't know." 

"Can't you all just wear the same one? You all look about the same size..." I shrugged.

"Why are you staring at our chests?" they questioned.

Yikes...

Kanan came out of the store too and she and Mari ran down to another store, leaving Dia with me.

"Hey Shizuko?" 

"Yes?" I asked.

"What if things don't go the way you always planned?" she stated.

"What do you mean?" I eyed her.

"Just answer the freaking question." she sighed.

I thought about it for a moment. "Well I guess life never really goes the way you plan. You can plan all you want but if life never planned to do that from the beginning, then what can you do?" 

"So what if you had to say goodbye to everyone?" 

"By everyone do you mean you guys?" I looked as she nodded, "Is this a hint that you guys are leaving?" 

She put her hands up innocently, "Like I already said before I don't know. Our parents have not said anything to us, but as third years yes we are leaving next year."

"Well," I hesitated, honestly I never really thought about the third years leaving. "I haven't thought about it, but if life wants us to meet again, then we'll meet up again."

Dia wasn't lying when she said that they weren't leaving right?

Dia's POV

We're leaving next year. And unfortunately for us third years we can't even be with each other. We're all going our separate ways. 

The three of us already knew there's no way we could all be together. But we never knew how hard it would hit until now. So when our parents came over we knew something was up. And we got that answer last night.

So when I asked Shizuko what he would do if he had to say goodbye, I was looking for a certain answer. Did he give me that answer? Kind of, but we'll get more into that later.

The rest of the girls bought their stuff and the rest of the day was just strolling around the mall. Christmas music played and everyone seemed to be in a good mood. We ended up saying goodbye as Shizuko said he had to run back home.

We decided we wouldn't talk to him until Christmas eve. Which was closing in very quickly as the week blew by. Presents were being wrapped, trees were being lit, and snowmen were being built. On the night before Christmas we all sat by the fire place. 

Our mom's eyed us third years beckoning us to say something. We looked at each other. We understood what we meant.

"G-Girls..." I started, they all looked at me.

"We have something to say..." Mari also hesitated.

Kanan refused to say anything... she didn't even make eye contact with anyone. I looked at Mari's mom hoping she'd be the one to say it.

She did. "Starting next year, you will be attending a college prep school." she smiled.

Confused glances were exchanged.

"Which is eight hours away from here." she finished.

Just then Shizuko walked in, "Merry Christmas~" he sang. He stopped feeling the tense aura in the room. "Whoops..." he said.

And at that point they snapped...

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN

Here's another chapter for you all. Hope you all are staying safe! And I hope you liked it. I should probably eat something... but there's nothing too eat.

Anyways I probably won't be updating during my winter break, which is in 2 weeks, I'm trying to get to a certain part of this book before next year... because chances are the last chapter will be on the 20th and nothing until the New Year...

Thank you all for reading! We're at 6k now which is insane! I love you all!