Chapter 56

Springtime, back to school, food. What do all three of these have in common? 

School festival! Just a whole week of doing no school work and lots of food! This is going to be great, I'm thinking of all of the different snacks that I'll be eating this year!

Not only were the students in a good mood arriving at school, but the teacher and staff seemed excited. Although one teacher was excited for something other than the festival...

"You have the rest of the hour to finish this test." 

Wanna guess what grade I got? I'll give you a hint, the letter of my grade is the first letter in the word festival. But other than that little hiccup we were free for the rest of the day! Well, not free we had to make a stall per class.

The class seemed divided on what to sell. 

"Let's sell takoyaki!"  (fried octopus ball thingy)

"No! Everyone is gonna sell that! Let's sell cotton candy!"

"How about rice?"

"Who the hell suggested rice?!"

The teacher tried to gain control of the classroom, "Everyone settle down, let's just have a vote. Any suggestions, I will draw them on the board."

"Takoyaki!" a student called.

"That's already being done by the third years." she responded.

"Cotton candy?" 

"First years already called it." 

"But I don't want to sell rice!" another kid complained. The rest of the class agreed. 

"Then how about yakisoba?" You suggested.

The rest of the class seemed to be okay with it, as long as we weren't doing rice... So we got set to work making our class stall. So basically how this whole thing works is that there are three booths per class.

Since our school is kind of small, there are only three classes for each grade level. The three different booths are food, game, entertainment. And like usual, somehow the third years and first years also got the food category. Honestly things like this shouldn't even be a surprise anymore...

On the way home, there was a bit of smack-talk happening. "The third years have this one in the bag." Kanan stretched. "You guys won't even compete in sales."

"Really?" Hanamaru raised an eyebrow, "The last time I ate your Takoyaki I swear the octopus was killing me." she laughed while Kanan glared at her.

"Everyone knows we're gonna have the most sales." I replied calmly, 

"What are you guys even making?" Dia asked

"The greatest food of all time, Yakisoba!" I said proudly.

"Shizuko, you can't even make ramen correctly." Mari shook her head, 

"Of course you'd be the guy to somehow mess up instant noodles." Yoshiko sighed.

"Hey!" I protested, "No one told me it couldn't be thrown in the microwave!" 

"It literally says 'Do not microwave'!" Riko scolded.

"It's like that thing I saw online," I grinned, "A warning sign won't stop me because I can't read!" 

"Obviously, considering you flunked the test today." Chika teased.

"Like you did any better!" I shot back.

She held up her test sheet, "What the- a B+?" she smiled.