Ruby's Ending

Ruby's POV

Leaving that letter there a lot was on my mind. Was just this my way of accepting that we'd never meet again? I told myself that there's no way we could ever be together, heck I didn't even know if he chose me!

And so that's where I left it. Acceptance, onee-chan was leaving so I had to accept that as well. At least Hanamaru and Yoshiko were still with me. We all ended up at the same university together as first years. The third and second years also stayed together. 

However I didn't feel whole as a group without the other six... and especially without Shizuko. Had he moved on? He's probably out with a girl right now, that thought sickened me. It hurt my heart just thinking about it.

Should I go out with someone? But I couldn't bring myself to do it... It had to be him, no matter what. 

And so I hoped, I hoped to meet him one fateful day again. Hanamaru and Yoshiko tried to convince me to stop waiting. It seemed they moved on. 

"It's just a high school crush... there's no need to dwell in the past." they said softly. 

I let my hair grow out, kept focusing on my studies hoping to meet him once we moved to Tokyo. The nine of us promised to meet at Tokyo, which is what we did the second we got out of college.

We all bought a house with savings and started to job hunt. At times I could've given up, forgotten him, had a boyfriend, heck I could've started looking for a husband.

But I kept waiting. There was a one out of nine chance... but that number was not zero. Who knows... maybe I am the one. 

Day after day I waited, until April 17th. Springtime, You Watanabe's birthday.

He was in the cafe... At least, I thought it was him. It looked like an older version from five years ago, he went on break so I didn't get to see him again.

I wanted to check, but we had to greet You's parents back at the house so we headed over to the train station. At least we tried to head over there we were stopped by a deep voice.

It was him. And believe or not it was me. I had that one out of nine chance to get chosen. I could've given up my feelings a long time ago, but I kept waiting. And it was worth it.

Shizuko's POV

We've been going out for a few months now. The other eight would tease us a little bit but it didn't matter with me... As long as Ruby was there with me then I could do anything.

"Shizuko... promise to never leave me?" Ruby said shyly.

"Imagine this, you're in your darkest moments and you only see one set of footprints, what do you think right away?" I asked.

"So you're saying you're leaving?" 

"No, those footprints are mine... carrying you."

She grinned, "That was really cliché, Don't ever say that again."

I blushed, "God this whole romance thing is so weird."

"True, but somehow we make it work." 

"Am I interrupting a possible make out session?" we looked up and saw all eight of them video us.

"That was pretty cheesy what you said there Shizuko." they laughed.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah... go kiss boys." I replied.

Five years is a long time... but when you get to spend the rest of your time with her, you wait as long as you need to. 

Maybe my life is an anime... Luckily it's a perfect ending. 

WOOOH 1/9 COMPLETE! Sorry Kyoka and everyone else that wanted Dia first... My mind is already made up :) 

Hope you all liked it! Next one might come out either tomorrow or Sunday... Also I finished exams, probably failed and am about to get kicked out of their school but whatever...

I love you all! Make sure to read the one-shot book because I want more company...

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid!