Chapter 43

You's POV

"Everyone! Gather around!" Chika called us all together.

"So what's the plan?" Ruby asked.

"We have exactly three days to convince our mom's not to let us leave! They leave on New Years Day, so we need to go!"

We all nodded, we had called our parents into the living room to convince them. The third years said there was probably no chance, but that didn't mean we couldn't. 

We also decided to ban the third years from this meeting, as punishment. They went over to Shizuko's house to watch anime. 

I didn't want to tell Chika-chan this but I think we have no chance at this. But telling Chika-chan something is impossible is like telling a four year old girl that unicorns aren't real. 

Both result in crying. 

So when the meeting began we found what points we wanted to debate with.

"Why should you guys stay?" the moms nodded.

"Well," Chika started, "We all like it here, we all spend time together, there's a lot to do over here, and it's easier to stay than to move." The rest of us nodded.

"But what about the future?" Mari's mom asked.

"Well... we will cross that bridge when we get there." the eight of us face palmed.

The moms nodded trying not to smile. This battle has already been lost.  "Okay, well for us, if you move now you can get a better chance of getting into a good school. You will all still be together. Tell us, what's your main reason for wanting to stay? Is it Shizuko-kun?" 

"Yes." We all said simultaneously. 

"Well then, let's see what he has to say." Kanan's mom said.

And at that moment there was a knock on the door.

Shizuko's POV

Ugh, watching anime with these three is a pain. They always fight to see which one gets to pick the show. Most of the time they never decide. And we end up spending more time arguing than actually watching.

Today in particular Kanan and Mari were in an intense game of Rock-Paper-Scissors to see if we'd watch Gotoubun no Hanayome or Toradora. Meanwhile Dia was secretly turning it to Love Live SIP. I guess she's a muse stan.

When Mari and Kanan realized what was happening they just gave up and started watching. I've seen this show about three times... It's something good to relax to, unfortunately I cannot relax right now. 

I was actually kind of worried about the meeting. Dia, when they first came over, told me not to hold my breath. There wasn't really anything they could do. They just seemed out matched.

Did I want them to stay or was I okay with them leaving? 

"You got any snacks?" Kanan asked stretching.

"You didn't set out snacks for your guests?" Mari grinned.

"I don't give snacks to animals." I responded getting up.

"Meany!" Mari said sticking her tongue out.

I started looking around the pantry for anything. "How do peanuts sound?" 

All I got were disgusted looks and shakes of head. "How about fruits?"

Silence.

"Well! Then if you don't like any of those then I guess sucks to suck cause that's all we have." I lied.

Kanan got up and grabbed a pack of Oreos that I was saving for later. She tossed it over to Dia. "Don't crush them!" Dia complained.

"How did you-" I said very confused, I thought I hid them pretty well.

"You searched everywhere except for one spot, and you were obviously ignoring it." She responded opening the pack.

"I-" 

"Shut up!" Mari yelled, "This is my favorite part!" 

It was a beach episode so I'm gonna spare you all the details. Just know that there were plenty of NSFW moments...

While watching I asked them this question, "What if I had the choice of whether or not they stayed?"

"Then I guess their fate is in your hands." they shrugged.

"You know it's kind of funny, because that's what they're asking me to do right now..." I held up my phone. 

It was a text from Mari's mom, I don't know how she had my number. 

You get to decide whether or not they stay. Come to the house right now.

"Then go get your girlfriends." they waved me off not even caring. 

I couldn't tell if they were joking, if I was being baited, but I went to their house anyways. 

I knocked on the door. Riko's mom opened it, "And here he is." she smiled.

"Wait... what's happening?" I asked.

"Exactly as I said." Mari's mom said, "You choose whether or not they stay."

Six sets of eyes lit up and I smiled. 

"Then that's an easy decision." I said confidently.

The girls grinned in anticipation. 

"They will go."

"..."

Silence filled the room. 3, 2, 1.

"WHAT?!?!" Even the moms were confused. 

The second and first years were going absolutely insane. "Have you spent too much time with Mari? Please say 'It's joke' right now!" Riko begged.

"No, no, hear me out." I explained. "If you pass up this opportunity you're going to regret it later. And people can say that we won't keep in contact which could happen. But I know for a fact, even if we're apart we'll still be connected in a way. And trust me, even if I didn't want to meet you guys again, I know you'll haunt me again one day." 

Which is true, I really wanted them to go. I wanted them to experience something that'll benefit them. It would be selfish of me to hold them back just for me. And I know for a fact that they'll somehow come back. Even if it takes a while.

And of course, we still have five months as a group of ten. And that five months, starts now...

Thanks for reading! I have to hurry up because my mom's yelling at me, hope you enjoyed! Love you all!

Mask up, be safe, don't be stupid.

-Kazuya