Chapter 14

I woke up feeling pretty bad... My nose was runny, my throat hurt, and I had a really bad headache. You know those coughs that make your head hurt? I had those too...

(A/N This is not COVID chill...)

I arose from bed groggily trying to get downstairs to eat some breakfast. My mom looked at me weirdly.

"Are you okay?" She asked as I put orange juice in the bowl of cereal and milk in the glass.

"I'm fine..." I said, taking a bite and instantly regretting it. 

She laughed while putting the back of her hand against my forehead. Her face got serious, "Looks like you have a fever... you should go back to bed, no school for you."

"N-no school?" I said confused then snapping right out of it, "NO SCHOOL!!!!! YES!!!!" I quickly ran back upstairs threw the covers on and opened my phone.

There were nine new messages all saying the same thing.

"Come visit us, we're sick and bored... I know you're sick too."

My perfect was ruined... unless I didn't respond! Is what I thought but seconds after thinking that I got another text.

"I know you're reading this write now. Hurry over." I sighed, mom had already left so dragged my sick butt over next door. Riko opened the door.

"G-Good morning." she said hoarsely.

I walked in and saw the rest of them covered in blankets lying on the floor, the chairs, and the couch. Ruby was shivering, Kanan was sleeping, and Chika- well Chika was hallucinating. 

"These mikan oranges taste so good..." she said half awake, she looked like she was grabbing unto something. She took a bite of the imaginary fruit.

You seemed like she was having a nightmare, "N-No! Don't take away my Yousoro's!!!" 

Dia was also dreaming, though it looked more like a happy dream, "Good job everyone! You passed your final exams!" 

If only that was going to be true. I thought as I found a spot on the floor as well. Mari had set up the TV and we were gonna watch a movie.

Yohane was boiling tea, and Hanamaru was scared of taking ibuprofen. 

"I-I don't know how to swallow pills zura!" she protested.

"Just put it in your mouth, drink water, and swallow!" Riko commanded.

Hanamaru attempted one more time and ended chocking on water, yet the pill was still in her mouth...

"JUST GIVE ME THE GUMMY VERSION ZURA!!!" she cried.

"We don't have the gummy version!" Riko said frustrated, although you couldn't really hear her voice because she used up the last ounce of it telling her to swallow.

Yohane came back with the tea, "My little demon Lili, drink this it'll make you feel better..." 

"Thank you, but I'm not your little demon..." Riko said tiredly.

Kanan woke up just then... "My head hurts!" 

"No crap sherlock," Mari said from across the room, "It's not like we're all sick." 

"Shut up Mari, you're the reason we're sick!" Kanan answered back.

I was tempted to say something like, "Ah yes, two lovers fighting," but I'm gonna guess I was gonna get greeted by a kick to the face if I said that.

Everyone else woke up soon after. "Okay," Dia said with a kind of low voice that scared me, "It's time to choose what we'll watch..." she said drowsily.

"I vote we watch something from slice of life, because everything else is way to intense for me right now..." Mari piped in.

"But which one?" You asked.

"Ruby wants a harem!" I think we can all guess who said it.

"But I just want a regular rom-com zura..."

"I think we should binge watch Naruto..." Chika said still half asleep.

"Mari check her temperature it might've gone up after SUGGESTING THAT STUPID IDEA!!!" Kanan said.

"Can't we watch Your lie in April?" Riko asked.

"Of course you'd suggest a piano anime..." I chimed in.

This was going nowhere, we were all sick, tired, and felt pain in every square inch of our body. "Please can we watch a movie!" Ruby cried, she was shivering so I threw my blanket on her.

"Even if we do watch a movie which one?" Dia asked.

"We can watch Your Name!" I suggested.

"Fine, apparently it's really good but after that we need to watch My Neighbor Totoro!" Chika said happily.

So basically here's how it went. If you've never seen Your Name before basically these two characters Taki and Mitsuha are switching bodies. They don't know how or why, they just do. 

Then one day Taki and Mitsuha both realize that if they go and see each other, then they'll know why. The only problem is Mitsuha is dead. Like she's been dead for three years...

So apparently they were switching bodies on an alternate timeline from each other which makes the movie weirder. Apparently a comet one night broke apart and struck the town that she lived in called Itomori.

Anyways Taki goes to what is now the waste pit of Itomori and drinks Mitsuha's sake to turn back into her for a limited time.

In doing this Mitsuha comes back to life as Taki and realizes she died. Taki, who's now Mitsuha, knows that the comet is coming so he/she devises a plan to evacuate all of the city folks. No one listens, so Taki runs to the mountain where Mitsuha is, in his body.

Long story short they meet each other officially for the first time, and they suggest so they don't forget their names, they write their names on the other's hand.

Well, Mitsuha never got a chance to write her name, Taki did or at least we thought he did.

"NO! GET UP MITSUHA PLEASE!!!" Mari cried. 

"This was not the right movie to watch, I feel more pain now!!!" You wailed.

Dia didn't even say anything she was just crying...

Honestly I was holding back the tears also. Chika was right, we really needed My Neighbor Totoro to help clear our minds. 

And honestly the day wasn't that bad, true we did absolutely nothing useful, but at least we all recovered. Unfortunately there was something else we forgot, we had school work we needed to catch up on.

But that's for another day...