Chapter 36

The morning sun was shining on my window as I awoke. The sun was out however the day appeared to still be cold. The snow glittered in the light and the frost was still visible on the windows. 

It was now winter break. The first Monday where I can be extremely lazy. I yawned and put on a sweatshirt. It was rather cold in the house this morning. My parents were probably on their way to work and forgot to keep the heat on.

As I went down the stairs there was a note left by my mom.

Hi sweetie, our alarm didn't go off so we'll work a little longer today!  Also we wanted to let you know something. The girl's parents will be coming here for Christmas. They'll be staying with them until the New Year. 

Christmas was about two weeks away. Yeah I remembered Ruby or someone say something about this. Why'd I need to know this? Couldn't they just tell me this when we got home?

Anyways aside from that I didn't really have anything to do today. I sat by the piano thinking of what to play. I ended up just playing something random. A random medley of songs actually. When I finished someone started clapping.

Freaked out I turned around to see who invaded my house. It was Kanan. 

"What?" the blue-haired girl asked.

"H-h-how'd you get in?!" I said very confused.

"You've never picked a lock before?" she responded calmly.

"WHAT?!" I yelled.

"Calm down, I'm here to relay a message. I thought you'd be asleep... but I guess I was wrong." she nodded to the piano.

"What's the message?" I said completely forgetting about the break-in that just occurred.

"We're going skiing." she answered before opening the front door. The cold air rushed into the room.

"What does that have to do with me?" I hung my head.

"You really think you're not coming?" she raised an eyebrow.

"But what if I don't want to?" I responded.

She shook her head laughing, "Be ready in thirty minutes." 

"Wait-" she closed the door. 

"Why do I keep getting put in these situations?" I said aloud.

"You love us so it's okay." a voice said making me jump. In my panic of Kanan breaking in. I was attempting to dial 911, however I held the button nine on the key pad and sped dialed someone.

The way I set up my speed dials was with the number 2-9 and 0 (number 1 is voicemail) so anyways, originally I was gonna set it so that number 2 was my favorite girl and 0 was the least. But then I came up with a bigger brain one. The girl on number 2 was the least annoying and the girl on 0 was the most annoying.

So here's how I did it. The most annoying person I can think of out of the group is Mari, then You, then Kanan, followed by Dia, Riko, Hanamaru, Yoshiko, Chika, then Ruby. 

So I dialed nine which was Chika. And she picked it up listening. So that was a little awkward... I hung up immediately.

I sighed as I got up. Skiing huh? I've never done it before. Shouldn't be that hard right? All you have to do is go down. 

There was a light snow that started kicking in when I met the girls outside their house. The wind blew a little bit as we rode over to the nearest ski resort. 

"Mari just got her license." Dia explained as we all piled into a minivan that Mari had apparently just bought.

"LET'S GO!" Mari cheered as she took off.