Chapter 54

I couldn't fall asleep at night. There was a lot on my mind and like Dia has reminded me plenty of times, I have limited brain cells. Every time I almost fell asleep I'd suddenly be awaken by a random thought of mine. So I know Hanamaru liked me, but how about Chika? 

At the first sign of daybreak I arose from the futon and threw on a jacket. The sun was beginning to show itself as it climbed atop the mountain. I made sure to grab a key this time and was starting out the door.

"Where you going?" a voice called out behind me. I turned around to see a sleepy Riko staring at me. 

"Just for a walk." I replied, her eyes then opened. 

"Let me come!" she said all of a sudden awake. She quietly, but in a hurry put on her jacket and her shoes. We then walked out of the room and went down the stairs stepping outside.

"Did you get enough sleep last night?" she asked.

"Heck no," I said, "I in fact got no sleep." 

"You should've slept, you realize what we're doing today right?" 

I actually had no clue. They don't really keep me in the details with what's happening. This was our last day here, we'd sleep one more time then go home tomorrow. 

"So where exactly are we going?" she continued.

"Pfft, I don't know." I admitted, "I go wherever I want to." 

"You definitely have that kind of attitude, Mr. I do whatever I want to do." she smirked.

"What do you mean?" 

"Hey, I bet I can tell exactly, what you're thinking right now." 

I raised an eyebrow, "Try." 

"Chika and Hanamaru am I right?" 

"How did you-"

"A magician never reveals her secret." she winked.

I held up my hands in defeat, "Okay magic girl what do you think I should do about it?"

"First of all I can't solve it, only you can."

"So then what's number two?" I questioned.

"Number two and I'm not exactly proud to say this but, I like you too." she blushed, "But don't think this is a confession right now, I'll make it official later." she turned around.

"Wait-" I began.

"I think I've said too much, I'll see you later." she said embarrassed. 

"Um," but before anything else could be said, she was gone. 

Great, now I was alone. And I didn't know the way back. On the bright side, now one third of the girls liked me. This is narrowing down the options easier. Or making it harder, if there's more...

But I have to focus on the task at hand... Surviving whatever the girls had in store today.

And unfortunately the laws of my universe also apply with anime laws. 

"It's swimming time!" Chika yelled jumping into the river.

A saying rang in my head: It's not a harem if there's no beach episode.

Since this is a river, does this make it a harem? 

We all jumped into the cool stream of water. You was dunking Chika over and over into the water and Ruby was squealing from how cold it was. Kanan was diving off of a rock and Yoshiko... well I don't really know what she was doing.

Mari was cooking and Dia was helping, Riko was swimming away from Chika and You who were trying to strangle her. Hanamaru pushed Ruby off of the same diving rock that Kanan used, only for the blue-head to push the zura out of her. 

"Oi Hanamaru be careful," I warned, "Don't drown..."

"Shizuko!" You called behind me. They had finally captured Riko, who was being dragged off by them. "What do you want to do with the corpse?" 

"Is it a corpse if she's still alive?" 

"She won't be for long." she grinned mischievously. 

"So what are we gonna do?" 

"Throw her off of the rock?" Chika suggested.

"No please-" Riko pleaded, we did it anyways.

Unfortunately she was hanging on to me for dear life and ended up dragging me with her. We fell for what seemed like an hour, ever notice that things from below seem lower than when you actually stand there? I'll give you a hint as to why, it's cause you're also adding on your height.

But as we fell I somehow ended up falling faster than Riko (I think in science we learned that larger objects fall faster) and she was now on top of me.

We finally hit the water and what is the first thing I see? Fanservice. And if I'm watching anime I love seeing fanservice, but we all know what happens when the mc sees something he's not supposed to see...

"PERVERT!" she tried to scream underwater, she kicked me in a spot that I didn't really appreciate and then slapped me in the water.

She ended up gasping for air and started coughing. I on the other hand was sinking as I couldn't find the strength to swim after getting kicked in the crotch...

The second years up top saw something was wrong, so they too dove under. Since You was the stronger swimmer she went after me and Chika and the others helped Riko.

Kanan soon also dove down just to help bring me up.

The whole experience was just a total misunderstanding... but another beach episode rule is: The main character has to be hurt in some way.

After that whole near death experience (I feel like I've been closer to death more times in these months than I have all my life) we ended up eating and packing it up for the day...

Riko wouldn't look at me, I couldn't look at her, we knew this was very awkward.

But trust me, this was only the beginning of awkwardness... as when we flew back home, we were greeted with an interesting surprise...

Hi it's Kazuya, my parents are about to yell at me so I gotta make this quick...

Hope you enjoyed! Next chapter might come out tomorrow... I love you all!

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid!

-Kazuya