Chapter 23

"So where are we going?" I asked Chika as she dragged me out of the house.

"Somewhere I really want to go!" Her eyes sparkled with excitement.

"Which is...?" I waited for her to respond.

"You'll just have to see!" she said happily still dashing.

This was something I didn't notice about of the girls. All of them were pretty athletic... aside from I guess Hanamaru (not saying she's fat or anything), maybe if there was a burger on the line then she'd do a pushup...

But dang Chika was setting a pretty fast pace running. It was hard to keep up and I had the height advantage by about four or five inches. 

"Hey slow poke!" she called looking back, "Aren't you supposed to use your longer legs?" 

"I'm only staying behind because I don't know where were going." I lied, it was definitely because she was going extremely fast.

Now that I think about it most of the girls were pretty short, I was five foot six meanwhile Chika was barely hitting five foot. 

Anyways I didn't even notice how far we ran until we arrived at a train station. I was doing okay, but Chika looked like she didn't even break a sweat.

"Shizuko! Let's get on this train!" she said hopping on.

"Aren't we getting tickets?" I asked confused.

"Go buy me one!" she said sitting down. 

I sighed, of course she'd put the bill on me. Hopefully I'd have enough money to get me through this... 

"Can I have two train tickets to that train over there please?" I said to the cashier.

"Do you know where the train is going?" he asked why I didn't mention a specific destination.

"Um, I actually have no idea where that train is going, my friend though wants me to take it with her." I explained.

"Ah, going on a date with your girlfriend eh?" He laughed handing me my change.

"N-no... It's nothing like that. She's just a girl who's my friend." 

He grinned, "The orange haired one right? She's a keeper, take care of her..." 

At this point I was gonna say something but Chika was calling me already. 

"Hurry up! It's gonna leave soon!" she called.

"Okay okay okay, where are we even going?" I asked.

She flashed a smile, "I don't know..."

"Chika, this isn't very funny, where are we going?" I questioned again.

She looked at me with a serious face, "I have no idea where this train is going." 

At that point the doors closed and it started moving... 

"Come again?" I said very very confused.

"Um... I don't know where we're going..." she said smiling innocently.

I sighed, "But!" she said, "I do have plenty of confidence we'll enjoy it no matter what!"

"Sometimes life's adventures," she began, "require unexpected encounters, it's no fun if you have everything planned out!" 

Maybe if you planned a little better it'd be more fun. 

Well... at least this day couldn't get any worse. A few minutes later she was passed out on my shoulder.