Chapter 55 I guess...

Happy New Year! Also Happy Birthday Dia! You've somehow become like the fifth best girl... You've passed Yoshiko, Chika, Mari, and Ruby....

But yeah hope you all enjoy this Dia's birthday little chapter... I'll make a real one later. But I need to study. This isn't relative to the plot in any way but I just thought it'd be good to start off the New Year with some Dia Kurosawa appreciation.

Dia's POV

Everyday is the exact same for me. 

Wake up at five o'clock exactly, not a second too early not a second too late. I go outside and run a few laps around the neighborhood until five thirty. At five thirty I hop in the shower, take a fifteen minute shower and then study until six thirty.

I then eat breakfast and at seven, and at seven thirty I wake up Mari and Kanan. I then go to school before them, and help out the teacher. By the time class starts Mari and Kanan barely make it in time. 

School starts at eight thirty and it's nonstop studying until three. Not that I complain. Depending on the day, I either go straight home or go to the school's library. But everyday at exactly five o'clock I sit in the living room and wait for Ruby.

Ruby always greets me and it's usually the highlight of my day. She adorable, and I'll protect her at all costs. Any boys that try to go anywhere near her I will murder. She's too innocent.

Then at six thirty we have dinner, and we typically watch TV until eight. I then study from eight all the way until nine thirty. Then the lights go out and the entire cycle restarts the next day.

But today was different. 

Because today was my birthday... 

Kanan and Mari both knew that it was their job to wake me up every year on this day. 

So I shut off my alarm and slept peacefully. They never woke me up. It was now nine thirty. I panicked when I saw the time and took off towards the school. 

The teacher scolded me as I walked in late, and I glared daggers at the other two. I couldn't tell if they were idiots or just stupid... 

I was absolutely pissed, and I let them have at lunch time. 

"Why the hell did you not wake me up?!" I yelled.

"What are you talking about?" Mari said cluelessly. 

"Why didn't you wake us up?" Kanan challenged.

"Because it's-" I stopped myself, they were doing this on purpose.

"Because what?" 

"You know what day it is today right?" I asked.

"Monday?" Kanan answered, "Also where were you this morning, we've been through this before, your job is to wake us up."

"What's today's date?" I questioned, if they wanted to play dumb, I was going to force it out of them.

"Dia you're never this confused," Mari said concerned, "Did you sleep okay?" 

I was doing my absolute best not to strangle Mari right then and there. "I think I actually got too much sleep, thank you very much." I gritted my teeth.

She shrugged, "Just making sure." 

The bell rang, I was absolutely frustrated. I can't tell if they're playing dumb or if they really forgot what day it was today. I checked my phone, yep it really was my birthday. I even checked with my teacher what the date was. She confirmed the date, it was definitely my birthday.

You know the four stages of being betrayed? It goes like, denial, anger, depression, then acceptance.

Denial: There's now way they didn't remember the day I was born...

Anger: They better have not! I swear I will give them a piece of my mind if they did forget!

Depression: Guess, I'll just have to spend it alone, for the first time.

Acceptance: Maybe it wasn't so bad, I didn't want to celebrate with them anyways. 

That's the thought process in my head...

But who would I spend it with?

At five o'clock I still sat waiting for Ruby. At least this wouldn't change, I managed to smile when she walked through the door. I waited for her to say something, but I was absolutely ignored...

Tears filled my eyes, this had to be some sort of dream right? These guys had to be joking right? 

Someone walked through the door at that moment... I turned hoping Mari and Kanan remembered. It was Shizuko. Maybe he'd know... But he doesn't know what day is my birthday, I never told him.

"Hey Dia, I could use some help with this math equation... I think I got the right answer but I need some help." he showed me the problem.

"Alright, I'll help you." trying not to let him hear the disappointment in my voice.

3x+1 = ? if x equals 0.

"Oh come on, this isn't hard at all... how do you not know this?" I said stunned.

"Oh yeah, I know it's one, but could you write it like this?"

3x+1 = 1/1

"One over one?" I said confused, "But that still equals one, so why would you-"

"Happy birthday." he grinned. 

"Wait, what?" 

"Happy birthday!" voices said behind me. I turned around to see everyone, grinning ear to ear. The only ones grinning the most were Kanan and Mari.

"We got you good didn't we?" Mari laughed.

"I think we went a little harsh on her." Kanan admitted.

"You guys..." I smiled, "Thank you all... did you all plan this?" 

They nodded, "From not waking you up, to Ruby not saying hi, to Shizuko being an idiot."

"Hey I knew it was one!" he called.

"Yeah cause we had to tell you what the answer was..." Riko rolled her eyes, "You couldn't even solve it yourself..." 

"That is true..." he scratched the back of his head laughing.

"Thank you guys. This was going to be the worst birthday, but now I think it'll be the best one..."

Happy birthday Dia... Please don't ask why they're at school on the New Years... I had this all written out because her birthday was the 13th... but unfortunately it's the first...

Anyways hope you all liked it! Also if you're wondering why my parents were yelling at me, it was cause they asked why there were a ton of wattpad notifications on my phone... I had to explain what it was and I showed them this book and they were just glad I wasn't playing video games...

But that just goes into my thankfulness for this book. You guys have made this a very fun ride, and it was just the perfect way to end a horrible year off... You guys made the last year way better. And I love you all!

Don't worry next chapter is actually relevant to the story, it comes out Monday! 

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid!

-Kazuya