Chapter 13

It was the next morning, the third years were already up when I stepped outside of the tent. In fact Dia and Mari looked tired.

"Didn't sleep well last night?" I asked as I sat down.

I didn't get a response, just deep breaths and points to Kanan who was stretching off to the side. 

"Ah..." I said nodding my head, "I'll go wake everybody else up..." I said walking towards the first years tents. 

Hanamaru, Ruby, and Yoshiko were passed out still, how was I going to wake them up... Eh, there's a chance I get called a pervert if I open the tent, so I'll just bang on the opening.

Ruby woke up first, "Onee-chan? ONEE-CHAN HELP ME!!!!" she squealed causing Hanamaru to wake up. 

"Zura?" she said confused.

Dia came running straight over. "What's wrong Ruby?!?!!" 

She pointed at me, "He scared me Onee-chan!" 

"YOU NEEDED TO WAKE UP! I WASN'T GOING TO OPEN IT AND TELL YOU TO WAKE UP!!!"

"You could've just had the others do it zura..." Hanamaru said sleepily.

"Fine, fine, I'll go wake up the second years..." I said walking over to the tent I slept in.

"Don't even think about opening it!" Riko called from inside.

"Eh?" I said confused starting to open the tent door, "But I need to get my-" 

As I was stepping in I was greeted with a kick to the stomach, courtesy of Chika.

"WE'RE CHANGING YOU IDIOT!!!" she yelled before zipping up the tent.

What a great start to my morning... 

After everyone was up we all ate breakfast and discussed what we were going to do today.

"We're going canoeing!" Mari said happily.

"But it's like fifty degrees!" I protested. Nobody seemed to care as they all broke up into chatter.

"Canoeing? Like the boat! Full steam ahead!" You saluted.

"Onee-chan is this safe?" Ruby asked.

"Ruby, stop being scared! You have the power of Yohane the fallen angel on your side!" Yoshiko, I mean Yohane posed.

"Shut the hell up zura." Hanamaru said.

"Just wait until you're in the lake you'll be powerless without me!" Yohane said.

"Let's see if you know how to swim zura...." Hanamaru grinned mischievously. 

"Okay there's two to a canoe so pick who your going with..." Dia announced.

"I choose Kanan!" Mari grabbed Kanan's arm.

"Nah," she said shaking her off, "I'll pick pervert over here." making Mari cry.

"N-Now I'm stuck with mean old Dia!" she cried.

"Chika-chan can I go with you then?" Ruby asked.

"Then I'll go with Riko-chan!" You grabbed her and dashed towards the lake.

Hanamaru smiled evilly, "We'll see how much power you have on the lake zura..." 

"THE FALLEN ANGEL YOHANE IS NOT SCARED OF ANYTHING EXCEPT... water..." she said quietly.

"Let's go zura..." she said dragging her off.

"HELP ME!!!!" Yohane called. "If you don't let go, I will summon my little demons unto you!" she threatened.

"Give it a rest zura..."

Kanan looked at me, "Let's go!" 

"Alright..." I said as headed towards the lake.

Okay we rented five canoes thanks to the apparently loaded Mari. "Let's get going!" she said.

We climbed into the canoe, I looked at Kanan, "Why me?"

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"Why did you pick me? You could've went with your girlfriend Mari..." I said, bad choice of wording considering that I didn't have a life jacket, we were about thirty feet from shore and Kanan was paddling...

She turned around, "First of all she's not my girlfriend, second of all I picked you cause I thought you'd shut up."

 I smiled, "You know that's not why you picked me..." 

She shook her head, "You're right, that's not why... this is why!" she said before tipping the canoe over.

"H-HEY WAIT I DON'T HAVE A-" well, too late... 

That lake is deeper than I thought, honestly I would have guessed about twenty feet deep, but it was truly thirty five feet at least.

It's harder to swim when you least expect to. When your body hits the water it's first instinct is to breathe which can lead to some swallowing of water. 

Being without a life jacket I knew it would be harder to make it up... And for some reason I felt like I was sinking more...

Kanan's POV

I swam up, "That was fun!" I said looking around for him.

He wasn't on the surface, the others were having the same fun. Mari had just tipped it, You just jumped off the canoe, Hanamaru shoved Yoshiko off, Chika threw Ruby into the lake, it was great!

But he still hadn't come back up...

"Pervert? Pervert?! PERVERT!!!" I called. I dove back down into the water. I saw a quick flash of a hand. We were pretty deep, I grabbed the hand and the life jacket brought us both up. 

"Are you okay?" I asked coughing.

He was gasping for air, "You idiot!" he said. "I didn't have a life jacket!" 

"Sorry!" I bowed, "But you gotta admit that was funny!"

"NO THE HELL IT WASN'T!!!" he said, but he couldn't help but smile.

"Come on," I said, "Let's go do the same to them!" 

"Fine..." he sighed, "Let me get a life jacket first..." 

And to be honest the water was extremely cold, we probably should not have been swimming, but it was fun.

Unfortunately the cold water would eventually catch up to us. And we all got sick after we came back home...

Hello everyone sorry that the ending was a little rushed I have a test so I have to hurry it up! Okay thank you all so much! Vote and Comment for faster chapters!