Chapter 4

After getting beaten up, we actually started class. Once again the teacher had no clue why I looked like I had just been beaten up by a gang, which I had.

All she did was shake her head and take attendance. 

"Alright everyone, today we're going to do three tests, the swimming test, diving test, and treading water. Now how many of you know how to swim?" She asked looking around for a show of hands.

I along with most everyone else in the class raised their hands, however Hanamaru didn't raise her hand. The teacher then looked at her and then at me.

"You!" she pointed at me, "Go help her how to swim!" 

I sighed as I went over next to Hanamaru... of course she would choose me over the people she knew best.

I raised my hand, "Shouldn't the people she feels most comfortable teach her-"

"Talking back to the teacher," she seemed like she was writing something down, "anything else you want me to add before I fail you right here and now?'

I sighed again, of course this is what would happen. I told myself that I wanted my life to be more interesting, but this is starting to be ridiculous.

And unfortunately for me it was just beginning.

We finally got into the pool, I jumped right in. It wasn't that cold but it could've been warmer.

"Come on," I said to the shaking Hanamaru. "It's not that cold."

On the other side of the pool we heard another Ruby shriek. I looked back at Hanamaru, "Um, maybe it is pretty cold... but," I grabbed her arm, "It won't do you any good if you don't feel for yourself!" I said tossing her into the pool.

Hanamaru started waving her arms out furiously trying to get air. I know I should be helping her but all I could do was face palm. She kept struggling and I finally had to tell her, "HANAMARU THE POOL IS 3 FEET DEEP RIGHT NOW! STAND UP!"

She stood up, "Oh..." she smiled.

I shook my head, "Alright well let's just practice okay? Use your arms like this." I demonstrated, "Try to slice through the water and bring your arm back up in a continuing motion. Now you try." 

It took a while but eventually we managed to get the basics. She was able to swim from the shallow end to the middle of the pool, but then we realized one thing very quickly. Her stamina wasn't very good. In fact it was awful.

Meanwhile on the other side of the pool in the deep end the rest of the girls were doing pretty well. But it was clear You and Kanan were the best in the class. I mean Sailor was diving extremely well and Kanan was the fastest swimmer.

Eventually the bell rang before either me or Hanamaru could do the swim test... We went to our individual classes and I stuck with the other second years.

"Sailor where'd you learn to dive like that?" I asked as we walked to our class.

"Ah, well we lived next to an ocean until we moved here together..." she smiled.

"Oh really? Did Hanamaru live there most of her life?" I asked.

Orange seemed like she was trying to decide, "Um, yeah I think so since her family ran a temple there."

I scratched my head, "So why can't she swim?"

Riko answered, "She would build sand castles and just nap, but she didn't really swim..."

I nodded my head, "Oh! This is your first day in math... um it's extremely boring so don't fall asleep." I said opening the door.

I may have said don't fall asleep but you know when your teacher is talking about imaginary numbers for over an hour you tend to doze off. Orange and Sailor also dozed off... 

"RIKO PLEASE GIVE US THE NOTES!" We begged her after class.

"No." she said coldly.

"PLEASE!" We bowed.

"No." 

"We'll do something for you!" Chika said.

"I've got money!" You searched her pockets.

"Um, I can play you a song on the piano!" I said... whoops shouldn't have said that.

She sighed, "If you can play a song that'll impress me I'll do it!"

HOW THE HELL WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT SHE WAS A REALLY GOOD PIANIST? THERE'S NO WAY I'LL IMPRESS HER PLAYING SOME ANIME SONGS!!!

SHE'LL BE WANTING SOME OF THE BEETHOVEN STUFF!!

It was lunchtime and we all headed to the music room. I needed those notes and so did You and Chika. As they reminded me throughout the morning.

"We need those notes!" Chika begged.

"We need you to impress her, what song are you gonna play?" You asked.

"Um, I was thinking Snow Halation from that one anime Love Live School Idol Project?" I said a little hesitantly.

"Oh god, I would literally give you the notes but Riko might not accept it..." Chika said worried.

"EVERYONE LOVES ANIME MUSIC SO LET'S DO THIS!" I said as we walked into the music room. 

Riko was already there waiting... This was not a good sign...

"I'll give you extra points if you sing!" she smiled. 

"WE'LL SING!" You and Chika said at the same time.

"Not you guys..."

"B-but I can't sing!" I said mentally panicking. 

"Do you want the notes or no?" She dared.

At that point I made up my mind, I wasn't gonna sing, I was already failing math... then You and Chika looked at me with those weird puppy eyes...

"FINE!" I said and started playing.

I think I did alright, Snow Halation's lyrics are pretty easy and WE GOT THE NOTES!

That's all we needed... and to be honest I think I may have earned respect from the second years. Apparently Sailor took a video of me and said she was gonna use it for blackmail...

Hopefully that would be never. Once again this is another reason why I was hesitant to ask for a more exciting life. 

But then again I'm not exactly regretting it...

Hope you all liked chapter 4! I'm writing this during chemistry and the teacher just called my name so I should probably go... SEE YA!