Christmas bonfire

I followed him to the living room and saw Noah on the floor with Jasper holding him. "It's okay son, just let it happen." I went to his side. "What happening with him?!" I asked touching Noah's face. "He's okay dear, he just having a vision." Right as he said that Noah snapped out of it. I hugged him to me. "Just like Alice right?" Jasper nodded patting his back. I looked at him "What did you see?" He froze thinking about it. "I saw us. Me and Kat and Ness as babies and how we grew to now. All i did was touch our baby photos and it poured out of me." My dad grinned "He can see the past with touch. If you can get it under control you could most likely be able to do it with people too." I looked at Noah with worried eyes as he stood along his father chatting about his new gift. I saw how much people liked Alice. How they did anything to have her. Noah had three gifts....he was special. More then I wanted him to be...

I watched them Christmas day gather around the tree opening gifts. Edward and Bella took Ness to Charlie's house for Christmas. We had ours in our home with my family.

I looked out the window watching the new snow fall onto the ground. It was time. The Battle was coming and I didn't know if we would survive.

Jasper rubbed my shoulders before hugging me. "The snow is sticking." I whispered watching it fall. Jasper sighed into my shoulder. "It Christmas. Let's not think about this right now." I frowned playing with my wedding ring. He kisses my cheek using his gift to brighten my mood. "We still have today my love, let's enjoy while we can." I smile at him. "No fair on the mood change." I chuckle. I turn my attention to my children. They open gifts from my sister's and parents. The joy in there eyes at each gift....

I wished they could be kids forever ..."Hey Kat, this is from me." Embry smiles handing her a small gift. I watched her eyes go wide as the small gift fell into her lap. She smiled wide. "Oh Embry! I love it!" She ran over to us showing me.

"It's me and Embry mommy! Isn't it beautiful!" I grinned at her

"It's me and Embry mommy! Isn't it beautiful!" I grinned at her. "It's beautiful hunny. Let me put in on for you." She turned around lifting her hair up. I tied it around her neck and hugged her tightly. "Take care of it baby." She nodded running back to the tree. They grabbed mine and Jaspers gift next. They were identical necklaces of our family crest with mine and Jaspers picture inside. Bella gave me the idea.

Jasper looked at Noah with a grin

Jasper looked at Noah with a grin. "Sorry son, it's a little girly." Noah grinned wide looking at the locket. "It's not. It's perfect dad." I put Noah's around his neck while Jasper added Kats around her neck. They hugged us both before running to show the others.

"Do you have a plan for the children?" My father asks us. I notice the children's body movement change. There ears listening in. "Yes we do. But we rather not talk about that right now it's Christmas and the kids don't need to know about this yet." Jasper explained. I nodded agreeing with him. "Alright how about we move on to cookies? Wanna help Kat? Noah?" Esme smiles at them. The children follow her to the kitchen leaving us to talk. "Dad, I don't want to talk about anything having to do with tomorrow. Today's supposed to be happy and fun and memories are to be made with our children." "We understand Alaska, but this is something bigger than any others simple crime. We need to make sure they are protected while we are at the field." I frown at them. Why can't they just listen to me? "I'm going to help in the kitchen." I dismiss myself walking away leaving my husband with the wolves.

"So what are we making?" I asked the kids as they rolled out dough. "Sugar cookies!" Kat smiles. "With a few chocolate chips in them for me." Noah adds. "Yum." I give a small smile watching them. "Mom?" I look at Noah. "Yes?" He looked at Kat and then me. "We were wondering-""Noah!" Kat stopped him. Noah frowned at her. "What? It's just a question!" Noah looks at me again. "Are we leaving Forks without you and dad?" I sighed. I didn't want to lie to them but I didn't want to scare them either.

"Honestly, I don't know yet. It's whatever happens at the meeting grounds. But, I do know that if we ever separate you two will be safe and Me and Dad will do everything in our power to find our way back too you." We grouped hugged squeezing each other as if it would be our last time....And maybe....they were right. Esme came back from the pantry with cookie cutters placing them on the table. "Who's ready to cut the dough?" I smiled watching them be kids. I wonder how long it would last....

It was midnight now. Snow was falling fresh onto the ground again, the vampires, Jacob, and Embry have set up camp in the woods, Jacob brings some wood and drops it on the ground, then Benjamin uses his powers to produce fire from his fingertips. "Wait!" Noah calls. "I wanna try! I've been practicing!" Benjamin smiles at him. "Go ahead. Give it your best shot." Noah makes a ball of fire and throws it on the woods to start a fire. I smile at him. "Good job buddy." Jasper high fives him. He runs to the tent we're Kat is with Ness and tells them what happened. Jacob smiles looking at the fire. "That's what I'm talkin' about. A little pre-battle bonfire. Telling war stories." Jacob sits next to Benjamin and looks across the fire and sees the other vampires standing. "Or just standing there like frickin' statues." Suddenly Garrett spins in and sits next to them by the fire. Garrett smiles at him. "Name any American battle. I was there." "Little Bighorn." Jacob calls out. Garrett frowns " I came this close to biting Custer. But the lndians got him first. "Just then Kate spins in and sits on Garretts lap. I smile at my sister. I happy she found her mate. Someone to put up with her crazy side. Kate smiles " Try Oleg's assault on Constantinople. He didn't win that one on his own." Liam speaks next." lf you're talking battles, you're talking the Eleven Years' War. No one does rebellion like the lrish." Garrett looks at him. "You lost the Eleven Years' War." Liam smiles at him. " Aye. But it was one hell of a rebellion.'' I see Jasper and stand up letting him sit down. He pulls me down on his lap. His arms around me as we listen to the stories. He kisses my cheek making me smile.

Sitting around the camp fire with the other vampires Vladimir speaks next. ''When we ruled, everything came to us. Prey, diplomats, favor seekers. Such was our power. But we never put on white hats and called ourselves saints." Stefan goes next "We were honest about what we were. Vladimir: We sat still for a very long time. We didn't notice we were beginning to petrify." He pauses. ''Perhaps the Volturi did us a favor when they burned our castles." Vladimir frowns "We've been waiting 1,500 years to return that favor. We have been ready to do battle for ages. "

No ones pov

Jasper, Carlisle, and Edward all stand together Watching the other vampires as they sit around the camp fire talking. "I can't help thinking, all these people are putting themselves in danger because we fell in love with a human." Edward whispers. "You both found your mates. You guys deserve to be happy." Edward frowns " But at what cost?" Jasper places a hand on Edwards shoulder. "Everyone here has something to fight for. I certainly do." They look over at there family watching them smile and laugh. Edward smiles at Bella and his daughter " Carlisle, I've never thanked you. For this extraordinary life." Carlisle puts his hand on Edward shoulder as they stand and keep watching over the others. Jasper makes his way to his wife wanting to spend time with her by the fire. For tonight could be there last....