Leaving home...

I sat in the car with my headphones in. We were driving to Forks for 5 hours already. I was sleepy but I didn't want to miss out on all the sight-seeing. I was used to snow every day. Forks was going to be a change. "A good change." Edward smiled at me. I rolled my eyes. All Edwards been doing is trying to cheer me up. But nothing could make me happy. I felt like shit. "I think you'll change your mind when you meet my family." The car pulled up to a house. It was actually really pretty.

"This is your house?" I asked him sitting up

"This is your house?" I asked him sitting up. He smirked. "There's a pool in the back to. If you like swimming." The car stopped and out came 7 people. I got out the car very nervous all of a sudden. I felt a wave of calm hit me. I smiled to myself. "Someone is using their gift on me." I smiled looking up. They all looked towards the man at the end. He smirked at me stepping forward. He was very handsome with his blonde hair and golden eyes. I felt a pull towards him. "I apologize ma'am. I can feel emotions and change them. I wanted to help you feel at ease." He had a southern accent that made him sound so sexy. God! I could see him ripping my shirt off and-- "Alaska! Mind reader! "Edward looked away from my gaze. I blushed at Edward embarrassed.

 I look at Carlisle with a smile. "It's nice to see you again." I hug him tight. "Likewise" he smiles back at me. "This is my wife, Esme" The women besides him hugs me tight. She's really pretty and young looking. Her brown hair is pretty to. We move onto the next girl who is short. "Hi! I'm Alice. And this is Mason" She hugs me even tighter than Esme. She looks like a cute little pixie. The guy has jet black hair and gold eyes as well. They must be together to...I think. I look at Edward who nods yes. "We're going to be great friends!" She smiles big. I move down to a very big man. "I'm Emmett. Nice to meet you shorty" He grins and ruffles my hair. "Hey!" I laugh at him. "Emmett let her be." I look at the girl next to him. "I was playing with her babe." So, their also together! This one was way too easy to tell. "I'm Rosalie, but you can call me Rose." She smiles at me. She's beautiful! She looks like a barbie doll. Finally, we came to the southern man from earlier. "I'm Jasper." He smiles down at me. He's a little taller than me. I'm 5'6 and he's like 5'9. We stare at each other before Edward breaks our gaze. "Jasper, show her to her room. The rest of us are going hunting." Edward smirks at us both. I smile at him. He's trying to be a wing man. Jasper grabs my bags and I follow him inside.

"Your room is next to mine." He tells me opening the door. I step in and twirl around. It's so pretty here! I touch the bookshelf and look at each one. Romeo and Juliet catch my eyes. I pull it from the shelf. "This is my favorite book!" I grin flipping through it. "I'm glad. I added it in the collection hoping you'd want to read it. It's my favorite too." I look at him before setting the book on the bed. "Thank you" I whisper to him. He nods with a smile. We stare at each other. "If you need anything. Just ask." He smiles again before leaving. I sit on my bed with a huge smile. Maybe living here won't be bad after all.

I finished unpacking and headed downstairs. Esme and Rose were in the kitchen cooking. "Alaska! We're making pizza for you!" Esme smiles sweetly. I sit at the table watching. "Thank you! I love pizza." I say smelling the air. Pepperoni hits my noise making my stomach growl. Guess I was hungry. "Did you get settle in?" Rose asked me. I nodded my head with a smile.

 I looked around the place and only saw Mason, Alice and Emmett in the living room. Where is Edward? And Jasper? And Carlisle? "I had to run an earring." Edward said coming down the stairs. "Carlisle got called into work and Jasper is outside waiting for you to come find him." I frowned. Me? I got up and went outside. I closed my eyes and took in the smell of the woods. It made my nose happy. "I was wondering if you would look for me?" I jumped scared. It was Jasper. "I didn't mean to frighten you." He smiles touching my shoulder. "Wanna go for a walk?" He asks me. I nod and take his hand. For me this felt.... right. 

We walked hand in hand talking about each other. I told him my background and about Holly. It was painful but I felt better with him around. I knew he was using his gift to keep me calm and I appreciated it. Then he told me about his life before he was turned into a vampire, how a women named Maria used Jasper, making him her own puppet. 

It hurt my heart to hear how such a kind man was used for his soft heart. "I thought she loved me, but I was just her puppet, and she pulled the strings." He said at last, his voice cold and dark at the memory. I stopped in my track, looking up at him. "You will never have to be that guy ever again. I promise" I smile touching his cold cheek. He placed and hand over mine making me smile.

 I wanted to kiss him so badly, but did he want to kiss me too?  We looked at one another and I knew he wanted to kiss me as well. I leaned in and right as we were about to kiss, he pulled away. I frowned upset and embarrassed. Did he not want to kiss me? Did I read him wrong? "Alaska I-" I cut him off hurt. "I'm going to sleep. School tomorrow." I walked away from him.

 What the hell?! Maybe I'm just not right for him... I grabbed a few slices of pizza from the table and rushed up the stairs to my room slamming the door shut. I just wanted to sleep today off. I put on my PJ's and climbed into my King size bed laying on my pillow, pulling my fluffy blanket over me. I turned to my side and shut the light off. Great start to my first night here so far....