Eclipse

SEATTLE – NIGHT (1 YEAR AGO) 

Rain comes down in sheets, slapping the cobblestone. Bright lights from the surrounding bars, reflected off the wet stones. The dull thud of rock music wafts out. A bar door opens – the music briefly blasts out as a young man exits. 

 He pauses under the awning, preparing to face the rain. He slings a messenger bag over his shoulder laden with thick school texts. He waves to his friends in the window before heading into the downpour.

He goes down a dark area. He makes his way up to it. Suddenly, a shadow flies past him, moving at an unhuman speed. Riley pauses... what was that? Unnerved, he speeds his step, about to round a corner but suddenly something leaps over him, knocking him backward to the ground! It moves so fast only a brief shadow, Riley panics now..."Who's there?" he calls. No response. 

Riley bolts in a different direction. Riley runs, beelining toward the end of the street at which stands an apartment building with a brightly lit lobby and a security guard. 

Safety....

Riley finds himself on the deserted boardwalk. 

Beyond the trail, black water.

 A dead end. He turns realizing he's utterly alone. 

He's been herded here.

 He searches the darkness for whatever's chasing him "Who's there!? What do you want!?" The shadow darts past him; Riley yanks his hand back as he feels a burning pain.

" OH GOD!" He grips his hand in pain, looks at it to find a crescent moon shape on his palm, blood seeping out. His confusion and terror turn to agony as the venom from the bite crawls up his arm. Riley drops to his knees crying out in pain. Then falls, writhing as the venom spreads throughout his body, changing him, killing his humanity.

Alaska's pov

As my music box closed, I finished my song. Behind me I heard clapping. I turned and smiled seeing Jasper watching me play. "How long have you been standing there?" 

Jasper walks in and sits next to me. "A while, did you write that?"  I nod playing with the piano keys. "While you were gone, I wrote this song.... It was supposed to be about you." I blush thinking about him. "It's good." 

I smile giving him a kiss. "Where is Edward? I want to show him his gift was put to good use." Jasper chuckles. "He's still trying to convince Bella to Marry him." I laugh imaging Edward trying to bribe Bella into marriage. Bella was the type of girl who didn't believe it that type of thing. She was a tomboy unlike me, I dreamed of a big, fabulous wedding and my family being there to celebrate with me. 

"Should I have made it difficult for you to?" I smile playfully. "No Ma'am, I don't think my heart could wait any longer for you." God, that sexy western accent he had was so hot.

 I kissed him wrapping my arms around his neck, he pulled me closer deeping our kiss. Jasper pulls away breaking it with a sigh. "I have to go hunting but when I get back, we can finish were we left off at." He stood up and gave me one last kiss before leaving. I grabbed my music box and went to my room putting it in my dresser. On top of my dresser is my dream catcher from Embry, I sigh thinking about him.