Leaving me

It was a few days later. Jasper has been avoiding me and Edward has been avoiding my questions. I was at my printer printing out the photo Alice took of Jasper and me holding each other. I hung it on my photo wall an smiled at it.

Today i went to school by myself for the first time

Today i went to school by myself for the first time. "Romeo and Juliet" lessons where on the board. Everyone's scribbling essays. Bella glances at Edward's desk; empty and then looks at me sadly. I felt her pain. I missed Jasper and didn't know what was going on.

I usually sit with my family but there not here. I sit alone pushing my salad away after playing with it for a few seconds. Bella sits with Jessica, Angela, Eric and Mike. They joke, throw things. Bella's distracted, looking at my table. She smiles at me and decides to sit with me. "Hey" she says softly. I nod at her. "Have you spoke with Edward?" she asked biting her bottom lip. "No, I haven't even talked to Jasper since the accident." We both sigh. They were driving us crazy.

I pulled up to the driveway. Jasper was waiting for me on the front porch. I hurry towards him, but slow down when I see his cold, distant face, an unreadable mask. "Can we talk?" I nod my head. Jasper gently takes my hand.

 Dread fills me, but I let him guide me up to our room. I sit down on the bed picking up Adia. He looks at me for a second and frowns. "I can't lie to you like Edward plans to do with Bella" He stands far away from me. "Were leaving. You're either staying here or you can move home with your parents." Leaving! "Jasper, don't' leave me...It was an accident." I place Adia down and get up. "Alaska no. Just stay where you are please. I don't- I can't- hurt you again." His face showed pain. "Jasper, I'll die without you. I love you!" Tears threaten to fall down my face. He looked at me and slowly came to me placing a long kiss onto my forehead. "Don't do anything stupid or reckless -- do you understand? " He paused adding... "for your family's sake. Just... take care of yourself. " I started to fall apart right there. "I... yes... I will." I start to cry. He softens ever-so-slightly. "Don't worry. You're human. Time heals all wounds for your kind. Particularly if you're not reminded." I turn my back on him. "Leave please. I can't stand to see you." I bit my lip almost making it bleed. 

He touches my shoulder. "Try to understand. Every second with you is about restraint. You're too fragile. I'm tired of pretending to be something I'm not. Reining myself in so I can be with a human." I push his hand off of me a little angry now. "Why start something with me if you were just going to leave me!" I spin around fast. "If this is about my soul then take my soul. I don't care! I don't want it without you " Jasper shakes his head "You're not good for me, Alaska. Your parents were right. You need to grow old with a human not me." I look at him. His hard face. His resolve. 

"I've let it go on too long. I'm sorry. " He whispers. Tears sting my eyes. This can't be happening. I wanted him. It was always him. He steps backward... "I promise, it will be like I never existed. Goodbye, Alaska." He exits our room for the last time letting me fall to the floor on my knees my heart breaking.

5 hrs. later........

 The phone rang but I didn't have the strength to answer it. I saw the rain and opened the door stepping out into it. Rain begins to pour on me. The night sky was so wonderful tonight.