His story...

We were outside watching Kate teach Bella how to use her gift better. I stood by Emmett watching them closely. Kate stands away from her " You need to visualize it. See how it moves. What color it is. Now picture it expanding. Will it to go beyond you. " Bella tries but only manages to bring up her shield for moment. Kate sighs " I think she needs something to motivate her." We all look at each other. Edward steps forward. Bella frowns "No." Edward gives her a confident smile. "It's all right, I can take it." Garrett grins whispering to us " He says that now." Emmett grins at them " Focus, Bella, or he's gonna be hurting." Edward puts his hand up ready to touch Kate's hand. His face showing mix feelings. Bella panics "Edward, I'm not ready to do this yet." Kate touches Edward hand, sending a painful electric shock through him. Bella bites her lip " I'm sorry. I said that I wasn't ready." Emmett frowns at Edward " Dude, you're not motivating her." Edward looks at him offended " You want to try?" Emmett puts his hands up and backs off. I laugh as Bella tries again to use her power and Kate touches Edward, sending another electric shock through his body making Edward scream in pain. Bella growls at her " Kate!" Kate grins wickedly " You seem to lack incentive. Shall I go see if Renesmee's awake?" I frown at her "Taking it a little to far Kate." Bella looks angry with her " Are you crazy?" Kate smiles " All right. This one's on full power." Edwards eyes go wide. Hes praying Bella does it. As Kate is about to touch Edward, Bella manages to bring up her shield and protect Edward from Kate's power when she touches him. Edward smiles as he notices Bella doing it. " It's painful, but it's bearable." Bella grins super happy she did it "Okay, we should go again." Edward looks at us " Emmett?Alaska?" Emmett grins " I'm good." I nod agreeing "Me too. Kate's already shocked me enough times." I walk past Kate shoving her shoulder." Good luck." I make my way into the woods for more training myself.

After a few hours I head home for a shower. I come out and get dressed and sit in front of the mirror combing my hair. My phone beeps.

Husband❣️🦇 -How is it at home?

I sigh. Be honest with him and cause him worry or lie to him and be a dishonest wife to keep his mind at ease....

Me- Everything is going smoothly.Family is safe and the children are doing fine.

I bite my nails. So you have chosen to lie. That will bite you in the ass later.

Husband ❣️🦇- I'm glad. I miss you all. I wish I could call you but I'm on a plane at the moment.

Me- It's fine. I just hope it's a plane ride back home?

I bit my lip. I didn't hope. I prayed he was coming home. I missed my husband so much it hurt. I needed my other half here with me.

Husband ❣️🦇- I'm sorry love. I should be back in 2 days. I promise. Tell the children I love them.

Me- I will. I love you Jasper. Be safe please.

Husband ❣️🦇- Always. Love you.

I sighed. It was so unfair! I wanted him here. With me. With our family like Bella and Edward. Rose and Emmett. Esme and Carlisle. Everyone had there someone to get them through this battle. My parents had each other. Kate found her match. And Tanya.....well. I have her. But she's closed off type of person. I stood up and made my way to the kitchen. I froze in the doorway.

"Alistair? What is all this and why are you in my house?" I frowned staring at him. He stood by the table. On the table was flowers and a ring.