Alistair

We opened our home to 18 vampires. Many with gifts of their own. Zafrina had power over the mind. She could make anyone see what she wanted them to. My children thought it was fun and like to be around her. While they spent time with her I did work for my father coming up with plans to help Noah control his power. I bit my pen reading. Fire can be contained by- "And what are you thinking about so hard?" I looked up and saw Alistair in the doorway. I smiled setting my pen down "Research." He slowly walked in looking at the pictures on my wall. "My you have been busy." he stopped at my wedding photo. "This is the lucky man who tamed the wildflower." I smiled at the photo "Yes, he's with his sister right now looking for something to help us." I went back to reading my paper. "Adoptive sister right?" I sigh looking at him "Yes." What was his point? "Kinda weird, I mean he rather be with her than with his family?" I closed my book glaring at him "What are you trying to get at?That you think my husband is cheating on me with his 'sister'? Cause I doubt it. She is with her mate also." he grinned walking towards me sitting across from me. "Easy there, I was just saying-" "What was on your mind? " i smiled grabbing my book and pen. "Next time just keep it to yourself." I walked towards the door. He blocked my way out the door. I looked him in the eyes "Can I help with anything?" He smiled at me touching my hair. "Right now? No." He left before I could say a word." I saw my book frozen closed. I sighed giving up on studying and decided to just go out on a hunt.

I sat in the living room reading when all the kids ran in. I smiled "Shouldn't you guys be with Zafrina?" My kids hugged me tight. Ness sitting next to me. "Whats wrong?" I frowned my mother bear instincts kicking in. "Mom said to come in here with you. Someone that wasn't invited is here." Ness clung to my arm. I looked outside making sure no one was around. "I checked around the house. It's safe." I turned around seeing Alistair standing in the room. "Uh, Thanks?" He looked towards the children. "No need to be sacred little ones. I'm here for you" He smiled at me before leaving. I walked to the children. Kat looked at me. "I don't like him." I smiled at her "And why is that?" She whispered in my ear "He acts like daddy!" I frowned pulling away from her. Acts like daddy? "Mommy, he's always trying to help us and he always around only our family! He told us that we should call him Athair!" I smiled "Athair? That's not even a word." Ness nods "Yes it is! We looked it up! It means Dad in Irish!" In came everyone "I'll take care of it.'' I kissed her head. She gave a small nod. Edward looked at the children frowning "Renessme can you go to your room with your cousins?" She smiled "Yes daddy." She grabbed there hands taking off upstairs. Edward stood in front of me. "I'll take care of Alistair." I sighed standing up. "No.For some reason he wants me and I want to know why." "Jasper put me in charge to watch after his family-" I cut him off "If he was really concerned he would have never left! I'm in charge of MY family. Not you. I understand were your coming from but this is up to me." He sighed looking away. I walked over to my Dad listening to them talk. " When Aro wants someone from a coven it's never long before evidence turns up proving that coven committed some crime." Bella frowns "So he's done this before?" Dad nods "It happens so rarely, I never realized it was a pattern." Carlisle looks at her " Apparently he always pardons one person whose thoughts he claims are repentant." I frown adding in "This person always has an ability. And they're always given a place with the Guard." Edward joins us sitting next to Bella " This is all about Alice. He has no one like her." Is that why she left us? "Which is why she left." Bella said. It was like she read my mind. "Why does he need witnesses?" Emmett asks. Alistair appears from the shadows "To spread the word that justice has been served. After he slaughters an entire coven." My and Edward eye him. I look at Edward. Stop it! i yelled in my head making his gaze snap to me. Amun frowned standing up "Benjamin, Tia, we're leaving. " Edward frowned looking at them " And where will you go? What makes you think they'll be satisfied with Alice? What's to stop them from going after Benjamin next? Or Zafrina or Kate or anyone else with a gift? Anyone they want." He looks at us all. " Their goal isn't punishment, it's power. It's acquisition. Carlisle might not ask you to fight, but I will. For the sake of my family. But also for yours. And for the way you want to live." There's a moment of silence as the vampires look at each other, then Jacob stands with Embry. "The packs will fight. We've never been afraid of vampires." Tanya grips my hand and we all stand "We will fight." Garrett stands up on his own "This won't be the first time I fought a king's rule." Benjamin stands with a smile "We'll join you." Amun frowns at his friend who is like a son to him "No." Benjamin looks at him with a warm smile "I will do the right thing, Amun. You may do as you please." I smile squeezing Tanya's hand. Senna stands with Zafrina "We will stand with you." Siobhan agrees standing with his family "So will we." The other vampire start to step forward. Vladimir whispers under his breath " That didn't take much." Edward sits back down "Let's hope it doesn't come to that." Alistair smiles " We'll see." he whispers winking at me before disappearing into the shadows.

Everyone showed courage. Though we knew that Aro's army was moving against us. Soon we would face the dark gifts of Jane. And worse, the paralyzing vapor of her brother Alec who could rob you of sight, sound and touch.

No ones pov

 In London, Jane and Alec chase down a Japanese vampire, Toshiro, they corner him and Alec releases his vapor, nearly killing him when Aro, Caius and Marcus arrive. Aro nods at Alec ''Alec" Alec takes back his power, releasing Toshiro from his vapor, Aro moves closer to Toshiro. Toshiro leans against the wall in fear " I will never go against you. " Aro smiles " Of course not, my dear Toshiro." Aro indicates that Toshiro gives him his hand, when he takes his hand Aro reads his mind. Aro sighs dropping his hand " It seems Carlisle is still expecting you." Aro and the others turn and start walking off, leaving Alec and Jane to deal with Toshiro. They attack him ripping him apart. Caius growls " Carlisle is all but ensuring his own destruction." Aro grins " Sad, isn't it?"