Chapter 20: Staying for You

[The demon's perspective] Luna kisses my neck. Soft kisses from her still warm me up. "Could you stay tonight?"

"I shouldn't," I try convincing Luna.

"Would this make you stay?" Luna takes off her prairie dress.

"The fact you believe sex is what I want right now," I roll my eyes at her.

"I never said that. I just know you can't resist me."

"Is that true," I draw her closer to me.

I kiss her chest, she gently moans. By the end of the night, she fell asleep on my arm. I quickly get up and go. All night I tried getting Chris's face out of my head.

The way he looked at me when I picked him up. I've seen him do the same before. A long time ago before I left. It was the way he always used to look at me.

Confused by what I truly am. I don't think I know who I am either. Not even what I am. It's true when they say there not many demons with good hearts. I'm a demon, not only that but the spawn of Satan.

How could I care for someone? The Dark knights aren't even demons. Their angels, ready to cease Satan's plans.

The Past: I pack my bags quickly. I can't stay here anymore. I might be young, but I'm not dumb. The mansion breathes toxicity. Father will be upset.

I don't care anymore. I'll sit abandoned him the way he does to me. At least I won't pretend I love him. I trusted him. Everyone respects the King. Yet, he can't even say I'm the prince.

He hates people asking who I am. "He's just my nephew," he'd lie. Father doesn't even want me next to the throne. "Why are you leaving," Father murmurs. I could tell he's solid drunk.

"Somewhere fresh. Somewhere new. Somewhere far away from you."

"Your rhyming is quite excellent. My dear boy, don't leave," Father whimpers.

"I begged you for 6-years of my life in this hellhole. Even as a baby I reached for you. You never caught me," I cry.

Father grabs me by my neck. "You look so much like her. She'd never leave me. You are all I have left."

I teleport out his hands. "I'm powerful, Father. I will kill you for hurting me." I teleport away from the mansion.

The last words I heard from Father were, "He's just like me." It makes sense now. How he wants to kill his father and I want to kill him. I go into Alejandro's room where Chris sleeps.

I smell the sour air of iron. "Chris," I gently tap his shoulders.

"I'm sleeping Alejandro," he pulls the cover over his head.

"It's me TD."

"What," Chris groans.

"You smell like blood. Did you get hurt today?"

My good sense of smell and the flavor of air tingled in my body. The smell of blood could easily trigger any demon. "No, a few more nosebleeds," Chris brushes off.

"You're lying," I accuse.

"I'm not! Let me go to sleep."

"Fine," I try not to overdo it. I go back into the living room and sleep on the couch.

In the morning I woke up to the smell of bacon. My favorite of course, especially in some kimchi fried rice. "Good morning," Ms.Perez puts the bacon on a plate.

"Good morning," I reply.

"You hungry? I made enough for everyone."

"Yeah." I sit at the table.