Chapter 19: Who've I've become? (prt.1)

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING. This Chapter contains subjective topics such as rape and prostitution.⚠️

[Jimmy's perspective] The Past (1993): The first time I saw him it wasn't the best day of my life. Not in my entire 8 years of life. I was born into a poor family in Italy. One day my family became very ill and died. I was left alone with my older brother.

I guess he got caught up in something so eventually, he was sold off. I was next in line. They said my beauty factor was my eyes and would get me sold instantly. They were right and I was shipped off to a different part of Europe.

Maybe still a part of Italy but they were very secretive about the location. They blindfolded me and throw me into a trunk. I got a glimpse of the name, St.Ambrogio. Once they gave me to a family that's when I realized I amounted to nothing. A cursed little boy.

I began to fight back when they touched me. Which got me in trouble, later on, they finally had enough of my shit and sold me off to an Italian in America.

After that, I learned not to fight back. Miliano Italiano a mafia leader born and raised in Italy. To help his people he went to America to make bigger moves.

I became his baby doll. He and his men would touch me. They sit me on a shelf like a porcelain doll and pick me up when they were ready to play. One day Mateo (Vincent's dad) and his son came over.

Mateo had been working for Miliano Italiano for a while. He wasn't like the other guys and neither was his son. Mateo didn't participate in the pass around, he always took good care of me. When his son came he saw what they'd do to me. He begged Mateo to help.

Mateo bargained with Miliano to let him buy me. Of course, he'd trust his right-hand man to buy me as another doll. That day I was sold to another family but this time it was to a better place. My new utopia.

There they became my family and loved me till I became happy. Along with that, I began to fall in love.

"Repeat after me," Vincent waves the card. "B-l-u-e. Blue."

"B...lu..e."

"You have to say it all together silly," he laughs at me. I start to cry. "No, I'm sorry I was just playing."

"Blue. The color is blue," I say.

"Tears are more clear but you did well." He hugs me tightly. Let's show dad.

"Look, Daddy." Vincent run to his dad with pure excitement.

"The color is blue, " I repeat to Mateo.

"Good job Jimmy. I see someone's putting in the effort. You both deserve a treat."

"Ice cream, " I twinkle my eyes.

"No need for that. I was going to get you guys some anyway," Mateo giggles.

"Dads are cool," Vince cheers. We ended up walking to a nearby ice cream truck. I got strawberry and Vince got cheesecake.

"I have to handle some business so you two stay together." Mateo leaves us and Vince follows him with his eyes.

"Would you be in the mafia?" Vince seemed vey serious when asking me.

"If all of the mafia like little kids then no."

"But think about it you get money and girls," Vince licks his ice cream.

"Is that why you think your dad works for Miliano?"

"I don't know. Maybe in the beginning but he has my mom...and me. And now you."

"People can't leave the mafia. They get trapped in it. At least your dad is kick-ass. Miliano couldn't touch him even if he wanted to," I punch the air.

"Yeah like beat him up. I know I would after what he did to you."

I look down at my melted ice cream. "I remember a time where Miliano would say a child's youth is better than any drug. The sweet feeling of innocence. I think because of that I've lost mine."

"You're innocent to me. You didn't commit to those things Jimmy. It's their fault, not yours," Vince rubs my shoulders.

"Maybe your right but I could never be the same. I never was. At least now I have better people around me," I brighten up.

"Look at me, Jimmy. Being a child has nothing to do with being lost or found. Innocent or sinful. It's actions that count, and you're the best person to commit to them. "You just had the perfect conversation in English."

"I did? I DID!" I dance around and drop my ice cream. "It's okay I'll share mines with you." He passes me the cone and I have a lick. "Thank you," my face flushes.

"Your welcome. From now on let's always bring each other up," he brightly smiles. Vince reaches for my lonely hand.

"Alright friend."

[Vince's perspective] The past (2002): After last night I barely slept. Jimmy really is different now, I wonder if that's my fault too. I close my eyes and feel a wave of heat. Once I open my eyes back open I awake to a room full of beads. It had the smell of blood and death.

"I'm glad your here," a long-haired pale woman speaks.

"Keras?" I reply only remembering her name in a nightmare.

"You have come. You wish for death, my love."

She had bright neon makeup on matching with the lights. Her nails looked like long claws. "I don't wish death on anyone," I lie.

"The boy, you're disappointed. You loved him, now he sees evil in his own self. Nightmares of him hurting those you care."

"I can kill anyone you want Vince. I pay the price for a price." The only person I want dead is Miliano. How does she know about the nightmares? Jimmy just choking Kiara, always hurting her.

"He'll keep hurting," she says. "Why trust someone who believes they're a monster. Who knows what will happen if you let him walk? What will he do next? Slaughter a woman."

"What's the price," I cry.

"Nothing for you my dear. You're just so cute. You're going to hell anyway." She floats quickly to me and stabs my finger. I flinch my hand away once she pokes it. "I kill many people with those with dark hearts. Rapist, killers, perverts, any nasty mother fucker."

"I'm not any of those," I whimper.

"Your right, but you know one. Your friend categories are on my list. He's what you call pure evil."

"I think there's a misunderstanding. He's not a bad person."

"If he wasn't you wouldn't be here today," Keras evilly chuckles. "I come to those who see and feel such evil predicaments. There were times your friend looked in the mirror and didn't see himself. Your friend is no longer your friend."

"I'll send you back up in no time. Just use your blood to sign the contract," Keras dabs a pen in my blood.

I nervously shake. Why am I doing this? It feels like I'm bound to. If I don't it messes something up.

"You said you don't love him, so say goodbye." I sign the contract with the pen. "Your wish is my command."

She grabs me up and throws me up, bringing me back to the house. I cry loudly. Screaming my lungs off. Why would I do that? What does she mean I said I don't love him? What does this mean?