Chapter 21: Like Father Like Son

[Satan's perspective] The past (2009): A child starts as a seed and grows into a beautiful flower. When I was a child the world was much different, solely because there was no world yet. Just the heavens. There was God, me, and my siblings. We were the first ones to exist in the universe.

God and (us) divine beings. Although I am no longer a divine being, I am the King of All Evil, a demon. All because Lucien wanted to be in love and disobey God's orders. Their so-called orders of protection.

Things are much different now. I'm much different now. "Father," Kyle tugs my shirt.

"Yes?"

"I'm hungry. Make us something to eat."

"How does macaroni and cheese sound," I ask.

"Delicious," he smacks his lips.

Just hearing his voice in the morning is enough to get me up. So young yet he's already learned to put others before himself. Just like his mother...unfortunately. As I finished making his bowl I heard the call of a servent.

"King, we have a new body. It seems he has created quite the sinful crime ."

"Send him to level 2 immediately," I command. 

"Yes, Satan." The servant rushes off.

"Aren't you going to eat with me?" Kyle gives he pretty puppy eyes.

"You know I'm a busy man, your father isn't always available to attend to you."

"You never are," Kyle grumbles.

"How about when I get off we spend the rest of the day playing the piano? I'll play your favorite."

"I'll allow this," he imitates me.

I kiss his forehead and head off. I take the elevator onto the 2nd level of hell. Nowadays I disregard the 3rd (and last floor) of hell. "Please let me go," the new demon moans.

"Do you know who I am," I question him.

"Your...the...devil."

"What is his crime?"

"He was drinking and driving and crashed a bus full of young children," the servant answers.

"This will bring me pleasure." I let my claws out and watch the demon fiddle around.

"Please untie me...it was an accident."

"An accident worthy of punishment." I stab my claws into his heart. He groans the more I pull it. "You like it slowly, don't you?" I yank his heart out as it still beats into my hands.

"I'll do anything, please," the sinner manages to let out.

"Like sell your soul cause as long as I hold your heart you will continue to live without it."

"I will," he huffs.

"Then you will become a servant and watch over the humans. You cherished drinking in your past life. So punish those who are deceived by alcohol."

"Yes...Satan." I throw his heart back into his soul. "Huhhh," he gasps for air.

"Father?" Kyle stares deadly into my eyes.

"Kyle go to your room," I scream.

"Nooooooo. You promised. Goddamit."

"Do not mention God's name in my house!" I run to Kyle and throw him across the room. "Get up I dare you to say his name again!"