Chapter 16: Party at My House (prt.1)

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING. Chapters 16 & 17 contains sensitive subjects. Including, abuse, drug use, and prostitution.⚠️

[Vince's perspective] The Past (2002): "Dad pick up the phone," I stare through the glass window. Dad grabs the phone. I hated seeing Dad locked up like this. Makes him look weak. His "friends" started snitching on him that's the only reason he's in here. Miliano Italiano set him up.

Coward, too scared to go to jail for his actions. Dad was just doing his dirty work, just like me now. "You look good Vincent."

"Thanks, Dad. How are you holding up?"

"Sucks in here. Nasty motherfuckers in here. They love picking on the young ones. I'm glad you're not in here," he smiles.

"I not Dad. I'm gonna kill him for putting you in here," I whisper through the phone.

"You need to stop seeking revenge. Vincent, it isn't safe one day your gonna get caught up."

"Time's up," The guard shouts to everyone. It hadn't even been 30 seconds and they rip me away from my dad.

"Don't," Dad warns me. He hangs up the phone and the guards pull him away.

I go off to school. I light a cigarette outside of the main entrance. "Hey," Selene waves at me.

"Silly girl."

"What?"

"Nothing. I'm just trying to figure out when I said we're friends," I joke with her.

"Oh, my bad." She starts to walk away.

"I'm joking, " I tell her.

"Right I knew that," she seemed a bit scared.

"You coming to the party or what."

"Of course," Selene professes.

"I'm gonna assume you either didn't ask your parents or they completely said no, but you want to come so badly."

"I'm going because I want to," she made public.

"Alright sorry." I flick my cigarette out. "Bye baby, " I leave.

"Yo Vince come here," Jimmy calls out. "I just got a call from Miliano, he wants us to do some runs at the party."

"Alright give me the shit," I pull out my hand.

He passes me some Red Eye (a strong drug used for hallucinations). "About last night man. I'm sorry for kissing you," Jimmy seems embarrassed.

"We were both drunk let's just get passed it."

I remember the first time I meet him. Slobbering over some old guy's dick. He looked so hopeless and dead. I ended up pulling him from that situation. He was only eight when I found him like that. I knew somehow Miliano had something to do with it.

We both wanted to seek out revenge. That's why we became friends and ever since then Jimmy been living with Mom and me. We began to share a brotherly love for each other. We've basically grown up together.

Yesterday he kissed me. We had five cans of beer. Obviously drunk as hell. And we kissed. It was awkward so we promised to move past it. I just hope he doesn't love me in that way. I hope I don't love him.

I head off to class. Towards the end of the day, I sell a few bags of Mary Jane. I could hear everyone already talking about the party. "I'm like gonna steal my mom's makeup," Janie laughs with her group of friends. "Bye Vince," they all blow me kisses.

"I'd like so let him hit it," one of them says. They all giggle and laugh. Jimmy pulls up with the car. "Hop in."

"Let's go to the house and change." I look at him funny. "Not together," he awkwardly dismisses.