Chapter 10: Freaks of Nature

[The Demon's perspective] I've always been the type of person to hide how I really feel. I hide my emotions and when something bad happens they release. Chris doesn't understand. He doesn't know my past, he doesn't even remember the little time we spent together.

The Past: I walk into the house. "Where have you been boy,"  Father asks.

"You better not be using the gates again." Little does he know I can teleport now. "Teleport," Father turns his head to me. "You must stop going to the upper world" He grabs me by my wrist.

"You're hurting me, father," I cry.

"It is to protect you."

"Protecting me from what Father. I'm not a little boy, I'm maturing."

"Your 6 years-old my son," Father corrects me.

"I'm not your son. We are nothing alike.

"We are, I'm am your father." His skin turns blood red as his eyes flicker pitch black. Father squeezes my hand breaking it. I scream. He turns to his human form. "I'm so sorry my son."

"Get away from me. Your not my father and I'm not your son." I teleport to somewhere far away, anywhere away from him. Incidentally teleporting to Chris's house. I ran to the backyard kicking the gate open.

"Kyle your hand," Chris looks worried. "Let me help you. I'll be back." Chris rushes into the house, bringing back bandages. "Give me your hand." Is he a sweet little boy doctor? "You feel better now?"

"I do," I smile at him.

"Whoever did this to you is going to hell?" I hope no pun intended.

"Where'd you learn such a big word?"

"Oh, I learned it from an adult book. I didn't understand a word, but that." Chris begins to babble. He looks so cute when the sun shines on him. I hope when we get older we can move in with each other. We'd be friends forever.

I watch Chris sleep. My waist is still fucking killing me. He's right though I need to save my magic for whatever the next big thing is. It should be restored soon. The funeral is the thing I'm not looking forward to.

I'll see some familiar faces but honestly feels like the witches are blaming me for Bella-Lina's death. I had nothing to do with that. If I knew I'd save the girl. That demon must have been strong to break her barriers. This makes me believe even more Chris is something special.

In the very beginning, Bella-Lina said he wasn't human. I look back at that now wondering if she predicted the future by accident. It would apply now that Chris has demon blood running through his veins. But then again the prick did hurt him when Bella-Lina poked him.

I wouldn't be so surprised, sad to see her gone. Bella-Lina's heart was always giving love to others. The kindest witch anyone could ever meet. "When did you get here," Chris stands by me.

"Earlier," I confirm.

"I'm sorry about yesterday. It sucks that I don't remember and it makes me feel so bad." He feels bad? "I have a lot of people I should apologize to. I think it's best if I'd just shut my mouth." I feel bad for getting him possessed.

Alejandro enters the room and looks concerned. It was an awkward encounter and none of us knew how to break the silence. "I'm just trying to go back to sleep," Alejandro moves his eyes back and forth,

I pull Chris to the side. "I forgive you. But I'm not upset," it feels like I'm overstating.

"Good. If it makes you feel better we can do something fun again." His smile seems to brighten my mood.