Chapter 19 || "The baby... Slipped?"

(Tysm for 200k)

- Pandora -

"Michael and Calum, your baby please!"

I shot Ashton a nervous glance over my shoulder as his friends left his side, Daniel held tightly in Michael's arms.

Their baby looked healthy and normal; ours looked like something you'd find in a bonfire.

We were fücked, and we both knew it.

"Here you go sir." Michael beamed, gently placing Daniel down onto his desk.

Mr Blackwell looked down at the baby before back up at the two boys, his eyes wide with surprise. He quickly picked it up, scanning the plastic with wonder.

He was just as surprised as we were.

"This is your baby?" He questioned slowly, his mouth tugged back into a slight smile.

Calum exchanged a bemused look with Michael before nodding, a large smile worn proudly across both of their faces.

"We named him Daniel, sir."

"That's my name!" Daniel exclaimed, his voice heard from the back of the class.

I felt sorry for the poor boy - I really did - but I couldn't help but laugh at the look Michael sent him. He literally couldn't have made his annoyance any clearer.

"No one gives a shít!" Ashton called, receiving a stern glare from Mr Blackwell.

"Irwin, I suggest you shut up. Unless you want another after school detention."

Ashton rolled his eyes but didn't say anything else, slouching back into his plastic chair. Although I had seen plenty sides to Ashton - sides I never even knew existed - this was the side he always came back to.

This was who he was, and I hated it.

"I must say, I'm impressed." Mr Blackwell chuckled, placing the baby back into the cardboard box, storing it away for some other poor class next year "I never thought you would succeed, but apparently you did. Well done boys."

Calum and Michael exchanged an excited high five as Mr Blackwell wrote down their mark, handing them two sheets of paper before sending them back to their seats.

They had just received their first B, and I'd never seen them happier.

"Ashton and Pandora, you next!"

I shot Ashton a horrified glance as he slowly got up from his seat, his eyes narrowed with determination. He had been in trouble enough times, he was used to it. I - on the other hand - was not.

My fingers trembled nervously as I unzipped my bag, retrieving the blackened baby from the darkness. As I brought it into the light, the whole class gasped, making the situation 100% more real.

By the look on Mr Blackwell's face, I knew we had severely fücked up.

As we walked to the front of the class, I could feel everyone's eyes on my back, judging me. Not only was I the girl who got partnered with Ashton Irwin, I was also the girl who fücked up Ashton Irwin's project.

Both of those things were pretty serious accusations, and both were completely true.

I was in deep shít.

Placing the burnt baby down on his desk, we both took a hesitant step back, preparing ourselves for his explosion. To our surprise, Mr Blackwell merely wrote on a slip of paper, shoving it towards us both before returning his attention back to the class.