Chapter 72 || "Neutralize your attitude."

Low key waiting for the Christmas feels to kick in

- Pandora -

"You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how."

"Pffttt, not Ashton then."

"Pandora."

"Oh my god."

"Stop."

Averting my attention from the large tub of ice cream placed upon my lap, I smirked, humoured by my friends' evident irritation. This was the fifth reference I had made towards Ashton and neither Evie nor the boys had found them particularly amusing.

"I get that you're salty right now, but could you please neutralize your attitude?" Calum requested, his lips pressed into a firm line "There's too much acidity in your system."

"Did... Did you just use Chemistry?" Evie frowned, receiving a smug nod in return.

"Yes I did."

"I think you used it wrong."

"No I didn't."

"I think you did. Salt is neutral therefore-"

"As I said, you need to neutralize your attitude."

"Guys, it's only been a day." I reminded, slightly frowning "I have the right to be bitter."

"Yes you do," Michael agreed, adamantly nodding his head "but that doesn't mean you should be."

"He's right." Evie spoke, smiling that generic sympathetic smile - the smile that showed just the right amount of caring to level out the strong undertone of pity "You should be out partying, having fun. Forgetting about him."

"Partying?" I snorted; my eyebrows rose dubiously "Forgetting about him? You do realise how stupid that sounds?"

"Yeah, Evie." Calum joined, shaking his head mockingly "I mean, partying? Since when is Pandora ever invited?"

"Hey," I frowned, grabbing a random pillow and chucking it towards him, watching in annoyance as he caught it swiftly and winked "words hurt."

"It's true though," Michael began, his gaze locked intently upon my own "a party is exactly what you need."

"What you need." I corrected "All I need is Netflix and ice cream."

"That's a pretty stereotypical break up concoction." Calum pointed out

"Well it's good I'm quite a stereotypical girl." I retorted - attempting to sound sassy and failing miserably.

"You're not even watching good movies on Netflix." Michael stated, studying the TV with evident disgust "And plain vanilla ice cream? Really?"

"I like plain vanilla." I defended, causing Evie to snort, all eyes turning quickly to her.

"What?"

"Why the fück are you laughing?"

"Nothing," she mumbled, quickly re-composing herself "it just reminds me of something."

"Like what?"

"Vanilla?"

"It's 50 Shades of Grey, isn't it?"

It was then Michael's turn to be beneath Calum's scrutinising glare, his mouth parted in confusion. The blonde haired boy (A/N HAHAH U JUST WAIT) remained completely neutral to all the attention, his lips drawn upwards into a ghost of a smile.