Chapter 54 || "Rejection fucking sucks."

- Pandora -

"Ashton!" I groaned, a small burp falling involuntarily from my mouth seconds after. I giggled slightly as I attempted to collect my thoughts, leaning all my weight against the random boy sitting next to me. He didn't seem to mind, his arm wrapped comfortably around my shoulders as if to stop me from falling.

What a nice boy.

"Pandora?"

"You sound funny," I stated, pressing my phone tightly against the random boy's ear "doesn't he sound funny?"

The boy softly nodded as his hand slowly crept down my shoulder, coming to rest upon my chest. I giggled, assuming he was just attempting to support me better.

How kind of him.

After a while of sitting and waiting for Ashton to respond, I realised my phone was still pressed to the strangers ear, causing a humoured snort to fall from my mouth followed by a couple hysterical hiccups.

How could I be so silly?

"Sorry Ashton," I giggled, returning my phone to its original place against my ear "what did you say? I wasn't listening."

"I asked where you are." He replied, his voice gruff and deep. It didn't sound like his voice usually would, and that worried me. Why would he sound different? Was he ill?

"Pandora?"

"I don't know where I am." I admitted, taking an inquisitive glance around. A name was tucked somewhere at the back of my brain, yet I couldn't retrieve it. It remained hidden beneath the fog that had collected in my brain from only hours ago, and it didn't seem to be returning anytime soon.

"Could you maybe ask someone?"

I furrowed my eyebrows together at his question and let out a lazy sigh, yet followed his instructions anyway, turning to the helpful boy beside me. His eyes were already on mine, bright and willing to help. He was so attentive and sincere, like an angel.

How sweet.

"Excuse me," I mumbled, my vision blurring slightly as I attempted to focus on his deep brown eyes. His features kept contorting into many different faces - like Picasso paintings - and I couldn't help but feel slightly tripped out "do you know where I am?"

"You're at my house." He answered simply, as if it should have been obvious all along.

I paused to absorb his blunt words before nodding, shooting him an appreciative smile. It didn't seem too ridiculous of a statement, so I decided to go along with it.

What was the worst that could happen?

"I'm at a boy's house."

"What? What boy?"

I shrugged before realising Ashton couldn't see me, giggling - once again - at my own stupidity.

Shots made me silly. Silly shots.

"I don't know."

"Could you ask?"

"Gosh!" I exclaimed, throwing my head back in exasperation "You're so needy!"

Ashton grunted on the other end as I returned my attention to the stranger by my side, shooting him an apologetic smile before asking him his name. He replied softly with 'Chuck' and I repeated the process from earlier, shooting him my best appreciative smile before repeating his answer to Ashton.

On my reply, Ashton quickly hung up, leaving me alone and confused in Chuck's house, on Chuck's couch, in Chuck's arms. Chuck seemed like a very caring person, and I snuggled closer to his side, receiving a gentle squeeze in return.