Chapter 63 || "Finest Loveliest Tenderest."

So much music and such little money

- Pandora -

"Did you at least ask him why they were ignoring us?" Evie questioned, waiting impatiently as I scrambled through my locker, attempting to recover my forgotten Maths homework. I hadn't completed it, but I could easily finish it in Health - another benefit of having Mr Blackwell as my teacher.

He didn't give a shít and that often came in handy.

"No," I replied honestly, attempting to ignore the numerous amount of wrappers littering my locker. I knew I should bin them, but honestly... Effort. "I was a bit busy stressing over the whole 'Uni' thing."

"But you told him, right?" She inquired, receiving a short nod in return "How did he take it?"

"Not well."

Giving up on the lost homework, I let out a frustrated sigh, internally screaming and slamming my locker door shut. Evie blinked, raising her hands up defensively and taking a cautious step backwards.

"Woah... Chill."

"Sorry," I groaned, running a hand stressfully through my knotted locks "I'm just freaking out. I haven't spoken to him since I told him, and we have Health next. What am I meant to do? What am I meant to say?"

"How about 'be happy for me you little fück?'" She suggested, causing my eyes to narrow in annoyance, a frustrated sigh slipping past my lips "I'm serious, Pandora! He shouldn't be making you feel bad for pursuing your dreams!"

"He's not making me feel bad," I huffed, attempting to protect him "he's just upset about the distance."

"I'm upset about the distance too, but do you see me avoiding you?" She inquired, gesturing over to the scruffy haired boy on the other side of the corridor, his back turned to us as he chatted to some girl.

"He's not avoiding me..."

Just as I said that, he slowly turned to peer over his shoulder, his hazel eyes briefly meeting my own before quickly looking away, his body tensing. Evie shot me a look as if to say 'I told you so' and I blushed, embarrassed by his actions.

"Why the fück is he avoiding me?"

"I don't know." She mumbled, glancing down the hallway as the bell rang, signalling for the end of lunch. I let out a soft groan as Evie hastily slipped her bag over her shoulder, ensconcing me in a tight and loving bear hug "I need to go, the wonders of Chemistry awaits, but I hope everything goes well next period."

"Thank you."

She shot me a small smile before departing from my side, heading off towards Science. I stood alone for a few seconds longer, scanning the gradually filling corridor for that familiar head of dirty blonde hair, hoping that he had maybe waited to walk to class with me - like he usually would.

But today, he hadn't.

-

"This is my project-"

"Our project-"

"My project, Kira."

I shot Ashton an irritated glare as he presented our doll to the class, showing off the immaculate plastic. They all seemed slightly shocked and I really didn't blame them. The fact we walked in last time with a burnt baby didn't exactly prove our reliability as parents.

"As you can see, she is in perfect condition and has lived a very happy and healthy life in the Irwin Household." I scoffed, ignoring the fact that what he was saying was the complete and utter truth. The Hemming's Household had no input in this project - unlike the last one, which inevitably became damaged "She has taught me responsibility, compassion, focus-"