Chapter 71 || "Stay here, with me."

This chapter was written by 3am Esmerelda, so I apologise for what you're about to read

- Pandora -

When I was younger, I fell in love with Pinocchio - the story of a wooden puppet whose nose would grow with every lie he told.

It fascinated me. The concept of wrong doings and justice - that every bad action would receive an equal and just reaction. I judged every decision I made on the teachings of that movie.

It was - metaphorically - my bible.

But recently, the meaning of that movie had been lost on me, and my former relationship with Pinocchio seemed to be something of the past. I no longer thought about my actions. I no longer thought about the consequences.

The only thing I thought about was him.

-

"What the fück have you told him?"

I blanched, frozen beneath Ashton's scrutinising glare. The usually warm hazel was clouded to a cold, muted brown and a fire burned within them that I could not ignore, pinning me to the couch.

I was afraid.

Afraid of not only him but Michael. Of what they could say to me, of what they could say to each other. When angry, each boy could spit words as sharp as glass, intended to cause maximum damage to those opposed, and I disliked retrieving the broken shards.

It was a painful, time consuming job, and one that wasn't particularly necessary. If they could just find a way to express themselves without the use of verbal weaponry.

"N- Nothing." I stammered, my heart beating wildly in my chest.

I felt like a deer caught in headlights, yet the car rapidly approaching was one I had been taught to trust.

"Don't lie to me, Pandora." Ashton scolded, his eyebrows drawn down in vexation "I hate when you lie."

I swallowed, ignoring the sly smirk growing on Michael's evidently pleased face. He had planned this. Planned to use information, I had stupidly trusted him with, against me. I wasn't sure why - if it were to punish me or Ashton - but either way, both parties were significantly affected.

"Ashton, the things I've told Michael... They're about me." I mumbled, my eyes lowered shamefully to the floor "About my private thoughts and feelings. I don't exactly feel... comfortable, sharing them with a group."

Ashton's brow creased in confusion, evidently irritated by my confession.

"Why Michael?"

"Why not Michael?" Mikey questioned, his eyebrows raised in bitter curiosity. Ashton ignored him, his eyes focused solely upon me.

"Pandora?"

"I don't know," I shrugged, picking nervously at the ragged skin around my nails "I trust him, I guess."

"You can trust me." He stated, his lips pulled down into a displeased scowl "You should trust me."

"I do trust you, Ashton." I assured, lightly shaking my head at his obvious paranoia "We wouldn't be in a relationship if I didn't."

"Then why not tell me?"

"I just... Can't."

Ashton's expression soured at my response, his demeanour now bitter and hostile. He had closed himself off, leaving me to stand outside in the relentless storm that was our relationship, cold and alone.

One word and he could drop me as though I meant nothing to him in, and although I was afraid of Ashton and Michael, that was what scared me the most.