Chapter 66 || "I'll phone Karen."

TYSM FOR 10MILLION READS OMG

I DON'T DESERVE YOU GUYS

(This chapter - I have been informed - is rlly bad and confusing and I'm so sorry. Pls just read with an open mind and pretend it makes sense)

- Pandora -

"Luke!"

"I want to tell him!"

"You told him last time!"

"No I didn't!"

"Yes you did, Mikey! It's my turn!"

"No it's n- Calum!"

I watched in a mixture of horror and amazement as the brown haired boy sped off, his long, tanned legs striding powerfully across Chuck's large front lawn. I had never seen him move so fast - unless for food - and didn't know whether to clap or cry.

"What an ásshole."

"Oh my god."

"I can't believe- Oh shít."

I let out a choked sob as Calum suddenly tripped over his own feet, comically stumbling forward before falling dramatically to the ground, landing face down in the dirt. His scream was shrill and hysterical, grabbing not only the attention of the multiple drunken teenagers mingling on the terrace, but the whole goddamn street.

"Oh my god."

"Shít."

"Is he okay?"

"Shít."

"Is he moving?"

"Shít."

"I think he's dead."

"I'll go check on him." I mumbled, desperately holding back my laughter. Michael and Ashton nodded, biting down on their bottom lips.

They too seemed to be struggling to hide their amusement.

Jogging over, the first thing I noticed was his phone, laying abandoned a few inches away from him. The screen was open and his case was dirty, yet it wasn't smashed - thankfully. I picked it up and quickly slipped it into my back pocket, holding back a girlish squeal at the adorable picture as his lock screen.

Evie would hate it, yet it was every ambitious Romantics dream.

"Calum?" I called tentatively, lightly prodding him with my foot. He whined slightly - but only slightly.

"Calum." I tried again, kicking him harder. This time he groaned, his voice muffled by the grass beneath him.

"What?"

"Get up."

"No."

"Calum-"

"Fück off."

I scowled, crossing my arms firmly across my chest.

"Please?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because, I'm embarrassed." He pouted, slightly lifting his head to glance at me. And sure enough, his face was burning vibrant red.

Bright and painful.

"Oh, come on." I sighed, shooting him a pointed look "Nobody saw."

"Everyone saw!" He exclaimed, gesturing towards the multiple staring teenagers lingering by Chuck's front porch "I squealed, Pandora!"