Chapter 26 || "Mate Date."

- Luke -

"And then I punched him."

"You punched him?" Natalia snorted, raising her eyebrow sceptically "Like, on the face?"

I nodded, feeling slightly proud.

"What did he do?"

"Nothing," I shrugged, subconsciously chewing on my straw "I kicked him out my house."

"Woah," she chuckled, tucking a loose strand of her curly brown hair behind her ear "all because he kissed your sister?"

I nodded again, slightly cringing.

Watching my best friend clean out my sister's tonsils really wasn't a memory I wanted to keep.

"It was disgusting."

"I can imagine," she smirked, gently resting her chin in the palm of her hand "what happened after?"

"Pandora got mad for a bit, locked herself in her room, played Taylor Swift on repeat, the usual." I sighed, tapping my nails against the circular table in front of us "She understands though."

"What? That you hate her boyfriend?"

"I don't hate her boyfriend," I frowned, my eyes flickering upwards to meet hers "I just hate the thought of them together."

"I thought you said he used to bully her though?" Natalia frowned, swirling her drink around in her hand "Like, what happened there?"

"She forgave him I guess." I shrugged, feeling just as confused.

We bullied her since Kindergarten, how could that not affect her?

"Do you ever regret it?"

"Regret what?"

Natalia paused, rolling her eyes before letting out a small sigh.

"Y'know what Blondie."

I cringed at my nickname before slightly nodding, understanding exactly what she meant.

I just didn't want to answer.

"I guess?"

"You guess?" She chuckled, raising her eyebrows sceptically "I give a customer less cream than I should and feel guilty for the next week. How can this not affect you?"

"I don't know," I muttered, my cheek flushing red with embarrassment "she's my sister; I guess that's what I do."

"There's a difference between playful banter and bullying Luke," she sighed, her chocolate brown eyes softly meeting mine "did your mum ever say anything?"

I thought before shrugging, slightly bored of the conversation. I liked being able to boast about myself - especially to someone so attractive - but now we were just discussing moral standards and how shít of a person I am, I wasn't exactly enjoying it.

"She had four reckless children to look after; I doubt she had time to notice."

"I think you should apologise to her."

"My mum?" I frowned; my eyes narrowed with confusion "What-"

"I'm talking about Pandora," she chuckled, taking a hesitant glance towards her watch before returning her attention to me "she deserves it."

I snorted, letting out a hearty laugh before my eyes met Natalia's, her annoyance causing me to stop.

"Sorry."

She raised her eyebrows before smirking, taking a small sip from her Starbucks cup. She had another ten minutes of her break to waste with me before she had to return to making lattes and frappuccinos, which she was pretty darn good at.