Chapter 64 || "Listen here Chucky."

I changed my name lol

I am no longer the cringiest author on Wattpad.

- Pandora -

"I can't believe you are going to this." Evie stated bluntly, watching as I attempted to hide a particularly harsh blemish upon my forehead, applying layer after layer of concealer. It managed to mask the redness, yet emphasised each piece of dry skin around the unfortunate breakout, causing me to let out a frustrated sigh.

I couldn't win.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"Because of what happened last time." She replied, shooting me a wide eyed glare "Y'know, the whole 'My boyfriend punched the host because he thought I was going to get ráped' situation. Won't it be a little awkward?"

"I don't know," I shrugged, finally giving up on my face and moving my attention to my hair, brushing my fingers desperately through the knotted curls "I don't think Ashton is going, though."

"Trust me, he will."

"But he said-"

"If you're there, he will."

I blushed slightly at Evie's comment, yet brushed it off as a mere guess, not allowing her to raise my hopes. Things were difficult between us right now and I doubt he would want to show up to a party just to see me - especially Chuck's party.

"What time is Michael picking us up?"

"About nine," I answered easily, checking my phone for the time "we still have about ten minutes."

"Will Calum be there?"

I let out an exasperated sigh, abandoning my hair and turning to glare at the anxious girl behind me, my hands placed firmly upon my hips. I hoped to look like one of those sassy, protective best friends from the movies, but I probably just looked like a condescending mother about to scold my child for saying something stupid.

"Evie, when will this end?"

"What?"

"This whole 'I hate you' act you and Calum have going on," I stated bluntly, causing her perfectly bronzed cheeks to redden "the sexual tension is suffocating."

"It isn't an act." She huffed, crossing her arms indignantly across her large chest "We really do hate each other'

"Uh huh."

"May I remind you, he cheated on me."

"And you fücked Luke," I reminded "yet you don't seem to mention that very often."

"We were on a break."

"You were still in a relationship, Evie."

"Calum forgave me."

"So why can't you do the same?"

Evie paused, her lips set into a grim line. She knew I was right, she just didn't want to admit it.

She was difficult like that.

"I don't want to."

"Well, now you're just being stubborn." I frowned, turning back around to face the mirror, slightly surprised by the reflection before me.

For a girl who despised wearing makeup, I was certainly caked in it.

"You don't understand." Evie continued, glaring at me "If I forgive him, then I may as well sleep with him!"

"I'm missing your logic here."

"Imagine a curtain."

I cocked my eyebrow questioningly at Evie's abrupt demand, my lips pulled back into a quizzical grimace. How the fück could a curtain possibly explain the complicated relationship between herself and Calum? She countered my confused glance with a sharp nod, as if reassuring me 'yes, I do actually want you to do this."