Chapter 18 || "I want vodka."

- Pandora -

If you thought things between Ashton and I would be awkward, you should have seen Evie and Luke.

Ever since the party, Calum had been pretty obsessed with Evie. I don't know what she done, but he was constantly by her side at school, whispering sweet nothings into her ear.

It was cute the first couple of days, but when his whole fücking gang began to join us at lunch, that's when it got annoying.

"Luke, it's rude to stare." I pointed out, taking a small bite from my sandwich.

My blonde haired twin grunted before averting his gaze from Evie, her cheeks flushed an adorable shade of pink. Calum's hand was wrapped tightly around hers, a goofy smile spread across his face.

They both looked so loved up.

It made me sick.

"Why do we sit here again?" Ashton muttered, picking at his food before pushing it away from him, his face contorted into a look of disgust.

Michael shrugged, resting his chin in the palm of his hand. He was sitting next to me, one of his earphones placed snugly in my ear.

Ever since Monday, Michael and I had been pretty close. He was the only guy I could tolerate right now, plus he didn't spit abuse at me every few seconds..

We weren't exactly friends, but he's the closest I had right now.

"Everybody stares now." I sighed, taking a nervous glance around at all the judging eyes.

"They'd always stared," Ashton retorted, subconsciously running his hand through his hair "you just never noticed."

"I would notice if people stared at me Ashton," I spat, tapping my nails angrily against the table "they only stare now cause you guys."

He rolled his eyes before turning his attention to Luke, causing my cheeks to burn a painful shade of red.

It was only Wednesday, and I was already done with his shít.

"I'm going to get water," Luke stated, abruptly standing up as Calum began to trail soft kisses up Evie's jaw line, causing her to let out soft moans "who wants some?"

Michael, Ashton and I all raised our hands, Calum and Evie too preoccupied in each other to notice. I honestly felt so bad for Luke and his big blue puppy dog eyes. Even though he was an annoying little shít, he didn't deserve this.

"I'll go with you." Michael smiled, quickly getting up from my side. I frowned and sent him a desperate glance, his earphone slipping from my ear.

He noticed and sent me a gentle smile, giving me a reassuring pat on the back.

"I'll be back in two."

I watched helplessly as he walked away, leaving me alone with Ashton. Calum and Evie were here, but you could barely count them anymore. They were in their own little world half the time.

Taking a quick look up, I caught sight of those familiar hazel eyes, causing my cheeks to flush a gentle shade of red. I didn't want to feel awkward around him, but I couldn't help it.

I pushed him away, and now I was paying for it.

"So, what's up with Michael?"

I frowned, nervously latching my teeth onto my bottom lip.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you two seem pretty close." He chuckled bitterly, sending a dirty glare towards his friend at the vending machine "I was just wondering if you were a thing or not."