Chapter 28 || "Take. Them. Off."

This chapter contains (pretty shít) smut bc I finally reached 1 million.

Y'all have been warned.

(Also I realise Michael's hair isn't exactly silver, but just roll with it)

- Pandora -

The masquerade ball went nothing like I planned.

Have you ever watched A Cinderella Story, where they're at the Halloween Dance and she walks down the steps, looking all beautiful and shít. And Austin immediately spots her cause she has a fücking spotlight on her and its literally perfect.

Yeah, well mine went nothing like that.

For a start, we don't even have stairs. I literally just had to walk in through the door - which happened to have a massive group of hörny teenagers standing in front of it. After battling my way through them, I had to try and find out where Ashton was, which turned out to be a lot harder than I thought it would be.

Y'know how hard it is to find someone when everyone is wearing masks? You think you would recognise their hair, but apparently not.

After bumping into literally every fücking person except him, I finally found him at the punch bowl. Problem was, he was with another girl.

Ashton - the guy I had a full on fücking make-out session with in Target - was with another girl.

Call the police.

I tried to play it cool - tried - but after a few minutes of awkwardly standing behind him and having no fücking clue what to say, I kind of just shuffled away and left it for now. The worst part was, he didn't even notice me.

"Pandora? Is that you?"

Spinning around, I came face to face with someone I didn't actually recognise, but at second glance, that eyebrow piercing became all too familiar.

"Michael?"

He grinned and did a small twirl, showing off the smart suit he was wearing. He had dyed his hair silver, with a hint of blonde. He looked - dare I say it - pretty fücking hot.

Maybe I should have accepted his invitation after all.

"I didn't recognise you with the new hair!"

"Well, you kind of inspired me." He chuckled, tugging lightly at the ends "I told you I had an awesome idea!"

"Well, it's definitely awesome." I agreed, a small smile tugging at my lips "I really like it."

His cheeks flushed an adorable shade of red as he awkwardly studied the ground, becoming his usual modest self. Although he acted pretty confident, he became the most shy person when receiving compliments, and it was the most adorable thing about him.

"So, where's Ashton?"

At the mention of his name my mood suddenly shifted, causing my smile to fade into an angry scowl. I had always known Ashton was an idiot, but why the hell would he come with another girl?

Was I misreading our relationship or what?

"I don't know and I don't care."

Michael slightly frowned as he ran a hand through his newly dyed hair, obviously confused by my sudden mood swing. I didn't mean to snap at him, but I couldn't help myself.

I had imagined this night so fücking perfect, but it was literally nothing like I thought it would be.

"Oh, um... Okay. Do you want to dance or something?"