Chapter 24 || "Michael's gotta go."

(Tysm for 500k, love you's)

- Pandora -

"Michael, stop!"

"Leave it Pandora!"

"You're doing it wrong!"

"No I'm not!"

"Yes you are!"

"No I'm- Oh wait... Give me sec."

"Michael!"

"Pandora - I swear - this will be the best goddamn diaper you've ever seen."

"I sincerely doubt that."

I watched sceptically as Michael attempted - for the fifth time - to put Kira's diaper on, his tongue peeking out between his plump lips. Calum and Evie sat silently in the corner, cuddled up in each other's embrace. I was happy for them - I really was - but I couldn't help but feel slightly jealous.

Evie and I had always been pretty anti-social. We weren't popular or pretty or any of those things, we were just us. And - according to society - that wasn't good enough. So we kept out of everyone's way, hiding ourselves at the back of the class to avoid attention. Nobody really knew us, only our names.

So that's why the possibility of a boyfriend had been completely irrational... Until now.

"Michael."

"What?"

"That's the wrong way."

"Fück sake."

He quickly fixed the diaper before finally handing my baby back to me, a large smile tugging at his lips. He looked like a child on Christmas, and it was pretty adorable.

"Well done Mikey!" I beamed, causing his smile to grow.

"Yeah, well done." Calum chuckled, shooting us an exasperated glance "It only took you twenty minutes."

"Shut up Calum," Michael spat, narrowing his eyes angrily "just cause you're Asian."

Evie's jaw slightly dropped as Calum's face turned beetroot, his eyes burning with rage.

I couldn't believe Michael had just said that. But then again, it was Michael, so technically I could.

"Listen here you little red haired fück-"

Calum's words were drowned out by a pounding on the stairs, followed by two large feet landing heavily on the laminate. The footsteps approached us slowly, causing the room to fall into a tense silence.

This was some real horror movie shít.

"Ashton?" I hesitantly called, cuddling slightly closer to Michael's chest "Is that you?"

"I- um... Yeah!" He awkwardly called, his voice sounding slightly nervous "Can I um- Can I speak to you?"

"Of course!" I called, detaching myself from Michael's arms.

After a few seconds of waiting - and Ashton not appearing - we sent each other puzzled looks, my lips tugged upwards into an awkward smile.

"Pandi, I meant out here!"

"Oh, uh- Sure!" I blushed, clumsily scrambling to my feet before dashing out into the hallway.

I found him leaning up against the opposing wall, his lips caught seductively between his teeth. He seemed slightly nervous, his hazel eyes hesitantly meeting mine.

He looked so beautiful, yet in a masculine sort of way.

I would have told him, but I'm too much of a dork.