Chapter 8 || "Playful banter my ass."

- Pandora -

Even when bowling, I still had an ever present feeling of disgust gnawing away at me.

It's not like I chose to focus on it, but that's all I seemed to think about.

Did I like Ashton?

Did he like me?

Was Evie right?

It was frustrating.

After dividing ourselves into two teams, I was placed in a group with Michael and Ashton, Evie placing herself with Calum and Luke.

Calum kept taking long confused glances at me, along with the rest of the boys. They were all under the impression I liked him, when they couldn't be further from the truth.

"You bowl." Ashton ordered, causing Michael to groan.

"I don't want to!"

"You have to!"

"Can we put up the sides?"

Ashton sent Evie a questioning glance and she shook her head, placing her hands firmly on her hips.

"Stop being such a püssy Michael."

"I can't bowl!" He exclaimed, abruptly standing up and stomping towards the alley.

I chuckled softly and picked at my nails, taking hesitant glances down at our baby.

She had been quiet for quite some time now, and it was really starting to worry me.

"Hey."

I slowly looked up to lock eyes with Ashton, heat rising to my cheeks. I didn't want to feel awkward, but Evie had made me paranoid.

What if I did like him?

"Hey."

"So, I'm guessing you like Calum?"

I shook my head, nervously nibbling on the corner of my lip.

"I just done that to make Evie jealous."

Ashton frowned, shuffled himself closer towards me. He seemed confused, which wasn't surprising.

"Why? I thought she was your friend."

"She is," I replied firmly, awkwardly glancing down at my lap "I just- I don't know. Shut up Ashton."

"Girls are so confusing," he chuckled, running his hand through his messy hair "I'm so happy I was born with a díck."

"We're not even confusing." I sighed, watching as Michael attempted to roll the bowling ball down the middle of the alley. It rolled straight for the first couple seconds before slowly beginning to go off to the right, eventually falling into the gutter and rolling away.

Michael yelled out multiple swear words and came stomping back, having hit a total of zero pins.

"Pandora, it's your go!" He yelled, falling heavily down into the seat beside me.

I nodded slowly and stood up, brushing myself down before making my way over to the bowling balls. I hesitantly picked up a green one, weighing it up in my hand.

I wasn't an expert, but it felt far too heavy.

Choosing another, I practised swinging it in my arm, receiving an exasperated sigh from behind me.

"Come on Dora!" Ashton called, shaking his head impatiently "It's just a ball!"

I flicked him off before weighing up the ball, deciding it would do. My feet slid as I walked up the alley, making me feel like an idiot.