The Dead World I Live In (Prologue)

"Happy Birthday Ava!" My parents sang, bursting into my room, closely followed by my younger brother, Tim, and my cute but over exitable dog Coco. I was overwhelmed by this sudden ambush, but delighted all the same. They sang happy birthday, and then allowed me to open my presents. I got typical I-just-turned-thirteen presents, like make-up, jewellery and books. As a main present from my mom, I got a £50 voucher for a totally cool store called MY LITTLE GEM. I hugged her and inhaled her warm, motherly smell: like cookies, but with a hint of bleach. My brother then relucantly handed over his present to me. I prayed it was slightly better than last year. Last year, Tim had bought me a racing car set, which he then took for himself. I tried to the same on his birthday, but in the end I didn't have the heart to do that. So, in the end, I'd bought him a army man doll. He'd scoffed and called it a girls toy, but I'd caught him playing with it on more than one occasion. Like a savage dog, I ripped the paper off and gasped. Before me, were the most gorgeous pair of boots I'd ever seen. They were obviously real leather, and were so soft and shiny. Knee high and jet black in colour, I leapt out of bed, and pulled them on. I sighed as my feet snuggled into them. They were a perfect fit. Laughing evilly, I encased my baby brother in a bear hug, squeezing tightly. He squirmed, trying to get away, but I kept a firm grip. Our parent were laughing, and Coco was barking her dopey little head off. King Charles Cavilier Spaniels were meant to be intelligent, right? Relucantly, I let go of Tim, and he skulked away, muttering under his breath. He shuffled out of my room, and my mom stood in the doorway, deciding to stay with Dad and me, or to go after Tim. She stood there dithering in the middle. She called down ther hall to Tim, and he responded. They then had a neat little shouting down the hallway conversation going. My dad then came and sat down on the bed next to me.

He looked deadly serious.

"Ava" Dad whispered so Mom wouldn't hear us "I need you to listen carefully"

"What's wrong Dad?" I asked, not at all suprised. Dad worked at a science research lab. He had been on edge for months now, but more so since the Scientist group announced that they had created a vaccine for the common cold. Everybody had to have a shot, and I was only getting out of it because I didn't want to have a shot on my birthday. My parents agreed, my Dad especially.

"Look, I can't tell you everything. But understand, it's too late for your mom and Tim. It's just gonna be you and me Ava. Just you and me" Tears were forming in his eyes.

"Dad, I don't get it. Mom and Tim are fine, aren't they?"

Dad didn't reply. Instead, he pressed a metal object into my hands. It was a pocket knife. And with that, Dad stood up and left my room, throwing a glance over his shoulder that made my heart break. Because of course, he knew.

He knew what was coming.

And he couldn't stop it.

Nobody could.

4 months ago...

PLAGUE OUTBURST

People all over the country are being infected by a disease that was in the miracle cold cure shot. Symptoms involve the victims flesh rotting away and dropping off. Blood leaking through the eyes and ears have also been recorded. Many people have reported the symptoms to be like that of zombies. Scientists claim that they had no idea about the disease within the cure. However, scientist Micheal Barns claims that the effect was intentinal. Barns was one of first to know of the infection.

2 weeks ago.....

APOCOLYPSE

The world is coming to a brutal end as the outburst spreads, transforming more than 6.7 billion humans into these mutant creatures. Among the dead are the scientists who helped create this killer virus. Micheal Barns is also dead, along with his wife and son. Survivors who used to know the man claim that he had a 13 year old daughter as well, but her whereabouts is unknown. It is most likely that she has been transformed into one of these cannibal creatures. She was believed to be earths saviour, a direct desendant from the man who could reverse the effects. She was believed to have known all his cures for the disease. But now, earth is at it's end.

I tossed the newspaper to the side. It was partly right, I was a daddy's girl. I knew all his cures. But I wasn't earths saviour.

But the earth was at it's end.

And I was alone in the world.

*********************************************************************************************************

FIRST HORROR STORY!!!

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK

VOTE COMMENT BECOME A FAN

THANK YOU FOR READING!

WILL UPDATE SOON

THANX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  <3<3<3<3