CHAPTER 17 - TRAINING

It was nice Sunday morning. Ash was sleeping in the bed. He was sleeping peacefully until....

" PPPIIIIKKKKKKAAAAACCCCHHHHHUUUUU" Pikachu yelled as he released a huge amount of thunderbolt on Ash.

" AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Ash yelled as he got up from bed and landed face to face on the ground.

" Pika, Pika" Pikachu said while pointing towards the clock.

Ash saw the clock and noticed that it was 10 am in the morning. He apologized Pikachu for getting up late and then quickly got dressed. He left with Pikachu towards Cafeteria and ate breakfast. He left the Cafeteria and went In the park looking for his friends. He saw a smoke coming from the other part of the park. He went there and saw Gary and Brock battling while the rest of the group was sitting in the bench.

" Magmortar use Flamethrower" Gary said.

" Steelix use Rock throw" Brock said.

Magmortar released Flamethrower towards Steelix but was cancelled by Rock throw.

" Steelix use Crunch" Brock said.

Steelix darted towards Magmortar and used crunch on his arm causing Magmortar to yell in pain.

" Magmortar use Flame Charge" Gary said.

Magmortar was covered with fire as he charged towards Steelix. He hitted Steelix on stomach causing him to fly back.

" Magmortar finish this with Fire blast" Gary said.

" Steelix use Stone edge" Brock said.

Magmortar released a π shaped fire blast towards Steelix. Steelix used Stone edge that went towards Magmortar. Both the attacks hitted their respective targets causing smoke to rise. When the smoke cleared, Steelix was lying on the ground with swirly eyes.

" Steelix is unable to continue. So, Gary won this match" Barry said.

Gary and Brock returned their Pokemon and went towards the group. Everyone congratulated them for their match. Ash went towards them.

" Hey guys!" Ash said.

" Hey Ash! Where were you?" Clemont asked.

" I was sleeping" Ash said which caused everyone to sweatsdrop.

" So, What were you guys doing?" Ash asked.

" We were training for the test" Gary said.

" Test?" Ash asked.

" Yes, after every six months, Kanto High conducts test for the students. There are three sets of the test. First, it will be written test. Then it will be battling test that sees the way of our Pokemon battling and what techniques you will use. At last, physical test. This test will have some physical exercise that you have to do with your Pokemon." Clemont explained.

" Wow!" Ash said.

" When is the test?" Ash asked.

" The first one is in two weeks." Brock said.