Chapter 36 ♡Can't♡

I have to tell Randy that we can't do this anymore.

He can't do this to Luke and I.

He should leave me alone and be happy with Luke.

If he really loves me, he'll leave me alone and let me be happy...

He wouldn't make me decide and make things hard for me....

But if he's fighting for me...

Doesn't that mean that he loves me too much to let me go?

No Adriana. You already made your decision. No more turning back.

Face your fears.

But...

What is my fear?

Losing him? Losing Luke? Or losing Randy?

I tried so hard comparing them and choosing which one I love more, but....

I just can't.

So I have to go with my gut.

Who took care of me?

Both of them.

Who made me laugh?

Both.

Who can I talk for hours with?

Both.

Who hurt me?

Both. One was physical and one was emotional.

But...

Who cheated on me?

Randy.

It's clear who I have to chose.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I texted Randy and told him to meet me at the café near the campus.

I was shaking...

But the weather was scorching hot...

I don't like confrontations...

They are uncomfortable and confrontations usually mean that there is a big problem you have to resolve.

I have to say goodbye to Randy....

And also say goodbye to all the memories we shared...

My hands were cold as ice and my teeth are chattering and grinding together.

I have to do this.

Man up Adriana.

Randy appeared at the entrance wearing a black shirt and white shorts. He looks kinda sloppy but he gets away with it because he's gorgeous, White complexion, chinky eyes, plump pink lips, and his sharp nose that has a small bump at the tip, giving him a boy-next-door look.

Too bad this is the last time I'll be seeing him.

He smiles and waves at me but I just raise my arm up lazily and I gave him a half-hearted smile.

"Hi Adriana, Finally. I finally convinced you to go out on a date with me" he chuckled heartily while I just gave him a side smile.

That's what I usually do when I don't feel like smiling and I'm forced to smile.

Randy takes a seat and I start "Randy I wan.."

But he cuts me off. "Before you tell me anything, I want to give you something first." He fishes out something from his pocket.

He hands me a golden box.

He opens it and there were...

2 rings...

2 beautiful silver rings which had the word "PROMISE" engraved on them.

He took one and wore it.

And he took another ring, took my hand, and wore it on my finger.

It fit perfectly.

"Remember our promise rings? This is another one. Another promise, which I will not break this time." He takes my hand once again and places a slow and sweet kiss on it. "I promise to cherish every single moment I spend with you. I promise to make you laugh all the time. I promise to prioritize you over my work. I promise to make you happy, no matter what the cost. I promise that I will not cheat on you, kiss another girl, talk to a girl, or even stare at a girl." that statement earned a chuckle from the both of us "And lastly" he kisses my hands one more time. "I promise that the next ring I will give you, is the one that I will give you on our wedding day." He stands up and kneels beside me. "Adriana Chan, once again, will you be my girlfriend?"

I can't do this.

I can let him go.

I love him more than Luke.

It isn't Randy I'm supposed to say goodbye to...

...

...

...

It's Luke.