Chapter 47

It was awkward. Seungyoun was sitting across her while she played with the hem of her shirt. It's like she was about to get nagged by her father. Seungyoun looked tired and she felt bad that he had to hear everything.

"Seungyoun.."

"This is so upsetting."

Youngdae didn't get to finish her words as he immediately cut her off. She flinched a little, guilt taking over. It's her fault.

"I'm really sorry. I did that for a reason." Youngdae looked up at him, hoping that it was enough. She couldn't let any words out from her lips anymore. It felt like her words got stuck in her throat.

She took a quick glance at her husband, scared to even stare at him. None of them were talking even after a few seconds. It was so quiet that all they could hear was the sound of the air conditioner.

Say something, idiot.

Yes, the idiot she was referring to is herself. She was trying to arrange all the words inside her head, trying to make a whole logical explanation on why she lied about being sick.

"Why did you lie?"

"I wasn't lying!'

"Sure."

Youngdae shut her mouth immediately. Surprisingly, Seungyoun was much more calmer. She expected him to go on rage or probably shoot her right into her heart; not physically, obviously ㅡ just by using some words.

"I'm waiting for you to speak, Hwang Youngdae."

Youngdae looked up at him, thinking of what she should say.

How am I supposed to say that I pretended to lose my memory because I wanted to 'fix' this relationship? how am I really supposed to say that I don't want to be separated from him because of this stupid contract marriage? So pathetic! I also did that because I wanted to be a new person to you and not just a weakling.

In short, I am so damn in love that I couldn't let you go!

"I hope you know I can't hear your inner monologue." Seungyoun sighed.

Youngdae then realized she had been staring straight at him with her knitted brows. It looked like she was putting so much effort talking with her own self in her head rather than speaking it out loud.

"Well then, see me only when you're done thinking for an excuse."

The male stood up and went upstairs to his room.

Shit. Looks like like I'm sleeping on the couch tonight.

Youngdae buried her face in her hands as she smiled a little.

"At least we are still together."

Seungyoun threw himself on the bed, staring at the ceiling. The corner of his lips went upward.

"This is kinda fun."

Yes, he knew.

When Youngdae was announced to unfortunately, lost her memories, he was devastated. He had no idea what he was supposed to do but still, he was grateful enough that she's alive. All he wanted was her to be alive, right by his side.

Weeks went by and everything was getting fishy when he brought her back to their penthouse. He did not make a blunt assumption but he's not a person that you can easily fool or manipulate. This is why he became a very successful business in such a young age.