Chapter 31

The irritating sound of the alarm coming from his phone woke  Seungyoun instantly. He took his phone and swipe the screen to turn it off. It was 9 in the morning, Friday.

He stared at the window, noticing that it was closed. He didn't close it before he went to sleep last night because he was too lazy to do it. Did his maid close it for him? ridiculous. He decided to brush his thoughts away and went into his bathroom, washed his face and brushed his teeth.

He stepped out of his bedroom and looked around. That day, his house sounded very quiet. Youngdae is usually doing yoga in the living room while he just stare at her.

The living room was empty. He then headed to the kitchen, making a coffee for himself. He sat there alone, stirring his steaming hot coffee.

"I love you."

Seungyoun smiled at the voice that was still playing around in his head. Maybe he was too stupid to realise that Youngdae had been keeping her feelings for him.

Everything was connected. She was envious whenever Sora was around. She became concerned when he arrived home late. She got up much earlier to make him a breakfast even though she's terrible at cooking, she put in so much effort that they actually turned out great. All her efforts were for him. Although their marriage was only a contract, Youngdae worked hard to ensure she did well as a wife, and she finally expressed her honest feelings yesterday. She had feelings for him.

But he never did anything to return her generosity. He used her to get him to marry so he could keep the company out of Rowoon's hands.

"Mr. Cho?" Seungyoun snapped his head to his left, looking at Younghyo who was standing a few metres away from him.

"Yes?"

"Mrs. Song told me that Mrs.Cho is not in her bedroom."

Seungyoun furrowed his brow and set the teaspoon down on the counter. He left the kitchen and headed upstairs to Youngdae's bedroom, which was just next to his.

Mrs. Song looked worried as she stood firm in front of Youngdae's bedroom. The door was wide opened. Seungyoun entered, calling for his wife's name, but no one answered. He went inside the bathroom, but no one was there either.

"are you leaving?"

"yes."

As Seungyoun entered Youngdae's closet room, he felt a searing ache in his heart. There were some clothing and pants, but it was obvious that the majority of them had disappeared. He peered around the room to the corner where Youngdae had stowed her suitcase. They were no longer there.

She left.

"Crap, Youngdae. Where are you?" Seungyoun took out his phone and dialled her number only to hear the operator speak. He called her twice, three times, and continued to call. She never pick it up. He texted her and asked for her location, but she didn't respond. She didn't even bother to read them.

"Mr. Cho, is Mrs. Cho alright?" The maid asked, but he ignored her before he walked out of the house. He got into his car and started the engine while contacting Youngdae, hoping she would pick them up.

His engine roared as he sped, scanning the road for signs of her. The place was massive; there was no way he could find her easy, but his heart was shattering. He had to see her. He didn't want things to end like this.

Not even a divorce, you just left?

Seungyoun was brought to a halt by the red light. He steadied himself and tried not to panic. He went through his contacts, looking for Jaebum's phone number. He couldn't recall how he obtained it. He most likely stole the number from Youngdae's phone out of jealousy.