Chapter 10

Everyone gathered on the lounge, staring at the couple who were sitting awkwardly next to each other. Youngdae had told Seungyoun the day before that it was time for her to introduce him to her family, so they decided to pay a visit to Youngdae's hometown of Daegu. Heeju was also present since she had to know about Seugyoun as well. Youngdae told her best friend that they couldn't watch movies at her apartment because she had just moved to Seugyoun's, so the plan was cancelled.

It would be a lie to say that Seungyoun was fine. He was rather flustered and overwhelmed to gather with people he had never met before. They were nice, but everything looked awkward. Mr. and Mrs. Hwang, on the other hand, fortunately were not the type of parents with so much questions.

"I hope that this relationship will go well. Please take a good care of my child, Seungyoun." Mr. Hwang said.

"Absolutely, sir. I promise that." Seungyoun replied. Mr Hwang then gave him an understanding nod.

They had a brief conversation, and Seungyoun definitely made a good impression on her parents. His tone of voice, his demeanour, his etiquette, and his discipline. He was incredibly polite. Youngdae's parents were curious about what happened between their daughter and Jaebum, but they decided not to discuss it. Some things will be left unanswered and that was okay for them as long as Youngdae was fine about it.

After a few hours of rest at her parents' house, it's time for them to drive back to Seoul to avoid getting stuck in the traffic jam. Heeju was the only one staying for one night because her boyfriend had offered to pick her up the next morning.

She waved to her parents who were waiting in front of the door after getting into the car with a lovely grin on her face. Every time she thought about her marriage, a tiny portion of her heart ached. She worried that if and when they split up in the end, she'll wind up troubling her parents once more.

It's fine, I'll get the money. All will be good.

"I'm really sorry, Youngdae." Seungyoun suddenly apologized. "Why are you apologizing?" Youngdae asked, looking at the man next to her.

"I know you're bothered with this so I would like to apologize. I'll make sure everything turn out well in the end."

What comes after that? you think we won't cross paths again? are we going to pretend as though we've never met?

That's sad.

She didn't answer his question. Her thoughts were racing over every possibility. He introduced her to his parents, and so versa. There it was. Turning back was no longer possible. She is getting married to him, and while she may live with him for a while—perhaps even a year—it won't last forever.

Regret? She was unsure. She had an urge to get away from him. She also wished to stay because she wanted to support him and assist him for both of their sakes. Love? That won't work, unfortunately. Seungyoun's warm embrace, his gentle kiss plus all his lovely flirts with her were most likely something that could help her to feel comfortable around him, since she was highly awkward and stiff around him. They had to look good around each other because if their plan collapse, all will be lost. They're screwed forever.

"Are you okay? you're making me worry." Seungyoun then hold her wrist which startled her a little.

I'm not. My mind is corrupting me.

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm just, sleepy."

"You can tell me everything, Youngdae." Seungyoun stated, rubbing his thumb on her palm. His other hand was on the steering, focusing on the road.

"How about you? you can tell me everything too." Seungyoun took a deep breath and his lips formed a thin line. There was something he wanted to talk about.