Chapter 36

Youngdae?

She was fine, she was no longer in her critical state but she was unconscious, eyes shut tight, no sign of movement or anything. She remained like that for 2 weeks.

Seungyoun couldn't leave her alone. She was a bit pale, looking pretty much different from how she actually looked like. Her pink lips was looking as if it was covered with a light shade of foundation.

He held her hands as he fell asleep with his head on his arm. The doctor and a nurse went by to check on her from time to time, everyone hoping for a slight improvement or positive changes but none. Such a disappointment, but he never lose hope. As long as she's still breathing, there will always be hope.

Youngdae was terribly injured around her head and she lost a lot of blood. Luckily, the people were fast enough to bring her to the hospital or else she might be gone.

Seungyoun heard the sound of the door getting opened and he immediately looked up. He couldn't even sleep in peace even if he was totally sleepy.

"Hey."

Yuri closed the door behind her slowly. She looked at the woman who was currently laying down on the bed, unconscious.

"How is it going?" She asked, standing a few metres away from them.

"Same." Seungyoun replied shortly.

Yuri nodded her head. She stepped forward, closer to where Seungyoun was sitting at to have a better look. Her heart sank to see Youngdae in that condition. She was always so bright every time they met each other. She managed to handle her emotions in front of everyone but ended up suffering alone in her room. Youngdae was an amazing girl. Yuri respected her for that.

"I'm sorry." She suddenly blurted out.

"It's fine. You're not involved."

"If I didn't send those photos to her, she won't be like this." Yuri said.

"What happen, happens. It is what it is, Yuri." Seungyoun commented. It's a luck that Seungyoun didn't hold any grudges toward her.

"Have you eaten?" Yuri asked once more.

"I don't have the appetite." Seungyoun rubbed his thumb on Youngdae's hand. He was talking with Yuri, but his eyes never left his wife.

"Okay then. I'll be leaving. Take care." Yuri said, leaving the room.

Yuri sighed once she made her way to the elevator. Jaebum was standing there with his phone. There's a limit for them to visit the patient.

"How's Youngdae?" Jaebum asked in concern. He was definitely worried about her but he can't do anything about it. Seungyoun won't let anybody get closer to Youngdae except for her own family members.

"Still in coma. Seungyoun is not in a good shape." Yuri replied.

"I hope things get better soon." Jaebum pressed the button as both of them waited for the elevator door to slide open.

"It will. Youngdae is a strong girl."

"She sure is."

"I know you can hear me. It's possible." Seungyoun said slowly.

"Do you want to hear my story?" He asked, caressing her cheek.

"I first saw you when you were doing some grocery shopping at the store. I was with Wooseok and we stayed in the car. Then, we saw you struggling with all your stuff. It was funny and cute." Seungyoun smiled.

"I was stressed out about my mom's planning to match me with some random girl to be my wife so I spent a lot of time with Wooseok. Coincidentally, we went to the same store you went to buy some orange juice and sandwiches. You were literally standing in front of my car." Seungyoun sighed.

He remembered every single detail that happened on that day. The day when she first saw Youngdae. It was 2 weeks before she broke up with Jaebum. It's fate.

"Wooseok was the first one to notice you but he asked me to go for it instead because I was also looking for someone but never got the interest, until I saw you."

Seungyoun stopped talking as a nurse came in to do some check up on Youngdae. It was suddenly very awkward.

The nurse then leave a few minutes later, leaving Seungyoun and Youngdae once again.

"I accidentally pressed the honk because Wooseok made me laugh like crazy and you were so surprised, and got pissed because of that. Do you remember now?"

Seungyoun felt like laughing but he couldn't. It's funny but not as funny as it should anymore.

"I took a picture of your car's plate number and boom. That's when I hire some people to look for your information. I even know the name of the girl Jaebum fucked with."

Seungyoun accidentally used a vulgar word in his sentence so he immediately stopped talking, realising that it might also bring back some bitter memories.

"I chose the right woman for myself but I'm sorry it ended up like this." He apologised, starting to feel bad about it.

"I'm sorry for abandoning you, I was harsh towards you, I was an asshole, such an egoistic man. You suffered because of me."

"You suffered from loving me."

Seungyoun held his head down, embarrassed of what he had done to her. He inhaled deeply, trying to control his emotion.

It was silence all over the place. The image from the monitor, showing her heart rate and the sound of it were the only things that can be heard.

Seungyoun wiped some tears from the edge of his eyes quickly, not wanting to look weak anymore. He needed to support her.

He wanted to see her face, so he looked up again. He panicked, not sure if it's a good sign or no. He wanted to scream for someone to help him out but he was too numb.

"Youngdae?"

Her eyes were opened, she's awake.

°

pls be excited for the next chapter hahaha this comes from a desperate author.

i cant stand writing few more chapters of youngdae and seungyoun not being able to talk like ok let them live

also, i had to unpublish this just now because i messed up the ending of the chapter but please pretend nothing happened