Chapter 23

"No, I won't leave you."

He answered. Youngdae sighed and got to her knees in exasperation. She was under stress. After their marriage, a lot of things happened, and only some of them were nice. She wasn't sure if choosing to marry Seungyoun was the best or worst thing that had ever happened.

She resented herself for being unable to fight for herself. Every time, she kept her mouth shut, which made her appear foolish and cause her to lose. The entire family, including Seungyoun's mother probably assumed that she's the bad one.

She was also heartbroken by Seungyoun's questioning of her after promising to trust and protect her for the rest of their lives.

No, you're wrong. Which part of this that will last long?

Although it is silly, there she was bawling her eyes out. Seungyoun watched as his heart broke into a trillion pieces as he stood there. Not once, not twice, but once more, he made her cry. It's perplexing. He didn't know how he felt about her.

Although he didn't want her to live with him permanently, it is still difficult for him to let her go. He wanted to look after her and spend a lot of time with her, but he was unable to do so because of the way his feelings were manipulating him. The puzzle proved to be challenging to solve.

He didn't know, not because he didn't believe in Youngdae. He was only afraid. What if she likes Rowoon? Hearing what Youngdae had earlier said to him knocked him back into position. His shoulder was what she needed to lean on.

Seungyoun forced her to look into his eyes as he knelt down and gently grabbed her chin. Her eyes were a mess of conflicting feelings. sadness, rage, and annoyance. All of them lacked positivity.

Youngdae wanted to push his hands away, but she really merely wanted him to stay by her side for a little bit. repair her tiny shattered heart in the same way that he was able to hide some of the unsightly scars that Jaebum had left in her heart. She now asked him to hide the wounds he caused by himself.

"Really, I'm sorry. I am, truly." Seungyoun said as he gathered her in his arms. Youngdae tightly closed her eyes. She cannot withstand him. His warmth was just what she had been yearning for.

She was still crying, terrified from what just happened in the restaurant. Upset at how Seungyoun asked her if she actually had some sort of feelings to the man she really hated.

"I hurt you. Please forgive me." He rubbed her back, tightening their hug.

"Hㅡ he's so bad" The only words that could slip out from her lips.

"Yes, I know." Seungyoun kissed her forehead as he wiped away her tears on her cheeks. "Can you forgive me?"

"Seungyoun,"

"Yes?"

"I can't stay mad at you and it makes me mad." Youngdae said, slowly calming down.

Seungyoun grinned as he gave her one final hug before escorting her to her room through the stairs. Seungyoun shut the door behind him once they entered and moved toward his wife, who was making her way to the window.

She was dragged up against his body. Both he and she felt quite good because it had been quite a while. As she heard Seungyoun muttering "I'm sorry" repeatedly, a little smile emerged on her lips.

Youngdae turned around and cupped his face. "I kinda miss you." Youngdae confessed. At the same time, she was scared of his respond.

"I kinda miss you a lot." Seungyoun replied.

They locked eyes with each other and found themselves lost once more. Youngdae's heart raced once again as Seungyoun delicately lifted her chin and brought his face even closer. All she could think about was his face, his voice, his eyes, and him since all her issues were invisible in her thoughts.