Chapter 28

Insomnia.

She was there, waiting patiently for Seungyoun to come back from work while she sat by herself on the couch in the living room. It is foolish. He wasn't yet home when it was already near one in the morning. Youngdae wanted to text him but stopped since she didn't want Seungyoun to think she was bothersome.

After their argument, they never had a good conversation. Youngdae made several tries to approach him and apologise for her mistakes, but he never said anything other than, "It's fine," and she knew he wasn't being sincere enough.

You know, it's quite exhausting. However, she never considered giving up. Maybe it was because she was genuinely in love and thought she could make Seungyoun's gentle and kind side come back.

She feared her own emotions, though. It's wonderful that she had finally acknowledged her love for him even though she kept them to herself and only told Jaebum. She had no intention of telling Seungyoun.

What if he pushed her away?

Because of the way he behaved around her, it is possible to assume that he had no feelings for her.

Seungyoun was correct about not falling in love. In the end, she was the only one who suffered because she loved him first. Everything changed as soon as she moved into his penthouse and began sharing a roof with him. She appreciated Seungyoun's kindness and sweetness. She cherished his tender words and sweet touch. Dohyon was correct; it is impossible to not fall for him.

Finally, the bell rang, and she felt her heartbeat quicken. She was again nervous since she had been acting weirdly around him ever since she admitted her love for him. Little things would cause her to become insecure. When he passed her, her pulse increased. She was stressed due to his attitude, yet it was difficult for her not to feel strangely happy whenever she looked at that lovely face.

Younghyo opened the door for him and offered to help him with all the stack of books, papers and files in his hands but he refused and told his bodyguard that he could handle it alone.

Seungyoun noticed the presence of his wife and glanced at her. She froze, not being able to function normally. Seungyoun snapped his head back to the front and walked to the stairs.

Should I go to him?

Should I not go to him?

Once she heard the sound of a door getting slammed upstairs, she immediately climbed up and walked carefully, not wanting to create any sound.

She touched the door of Seungyoun's office room and smiled. He was probably arranging all the files because she could hear all the sound coming from the papers.

"What's this?" Seungyoun asked himself. His voice was loud enough for Youngdae to hear him right from the outside. Well, she was literally sticking her left ear against the door like a stalker. Perhaps the office room was not soundproof.

Just the bedrooms.

Seungyoun was the one who told her that.

"also, our rooms are soundproof. you can sing or hear some music as loud as you want."

"why are they made like that? do you like to sing in your room?"

"when I have a wife,"

"You wanna sing with your wife?"

"That's not what I meant."

"That's very weird."

"Youngdae."

"So I'm not gonna interrupt anyone else here in case I ended up singing so suddenly. Thanks for telling me."