3

They both stared at each other for what felt like hours, but it was mere seconds

"No." And he turned around, moving towards the car.

It was like he broke a spell between them as they gazed into one another's eyes. Blair's shoulders slumped in disappointment. "Fine," she muttered. Blair climbed up the stairs, making sure she didn't fall–she did either way.

Seconds passed by, and Ameo just watched as the red-headed woman was still on the concrete. "How long will you be staying there?"

"Until you help me up," she replied, making herself comfortable in her newfound habitat.

Ameo paid the driver and apologised for the unnecessary wait. He went back to Blair and held her by the arm, pulling her up when realising she won't be leaving the ground soon.

"You are such a gentleman!" Blair beamed at him.

"Where are your keys?" he asked flatly, ignoring her.

Blair searched through her purse, got the key, and opened the door. She turned on the lights and the dull pink hallway brightened up, leading up to an open space.

"This apartment is huge to be living here alone." Ameo looked around the place as he stepped into the house.

"My roommate and I live here." She took off her heels and hissed.

"And where is your roommate?"

"Oh, we separated in the club. She won't be back for a while." Blair headed to the living room and Ameo followed. "Take a seat." She entered the kitchen as Ameo sat down on the sofa. "Are you okay with whiskey?"

"I'm okay with it." Blair showed up with two glasses of Scotch and handed one to Ameo. "I still think it's a lousy idea to let strangers into your home," he said, drinking the whiskey.

"But you're no stranger anymore."

He smirked at her statement. "You know nothing about me other than my name, while I know your ex-boyfriend cheated on you."

"Okay then. Tell me something."

He snorted. "And why should I?" Sipping more on his beverage.

"Well... at least remove your hood, I can't see your face."

He hesitated, but he pushed it back.

A handsome face appeared from the hood; a chiseled jawline with a stubble beard, his almond-shaped eyes mirroring the sharpness of his green gaze, and his long black hair tied up into a messy bun.

She stared fixated at Ameo. "What is it?" he asked and studied her with concern.

In her now half-drunken state, Blair stared at him, taking in his handsome features; that was everything.

"I think you are drunk and not in the right state of mind." Ameo somewhat tilted his head to the side as his bright eyes gave her a curious gaze.

An overwhelming sense of boldness flooded in her. She leaned closer to him and pressed her lips against his. Ameo stiffened up.

Blair's heart pounded against her chest. Why wasn't he responding? He didn't want to? She shouldn't have done this. But then he plunged his hand into her hair, pulling her closer, and returned the kiss with so much passion that made her feel a way she had never expected. His grip on her hair tightened as his warm tongue swirled and explored her mouth.

His mouth was intoxicating, setting her nerves on fire and the sexual commotion to course through her veins, spreading to every inch of her body. She lets out a tiny whimper to the growing heat and the tingling sensation between her legs that was slowly turning into a pulsating ache. Her pulse quickened when his large hand roamed down her back to her thighs, then inner thighs. She gasped against his lips.